Chapter 31: Let's Be Honest

Chapter 31

"How's the stomach?" I asked softly, tracing my fingers over the spot on her stomach that I knew two bandaids were covering the surgery spot.

"Fine, actually." Elizabeth sighed, turning her head to look at me. "You don't need to worry about me."

I let out a sigh as well, pulling her hips closer to me as I pressed a kiss to the side of her head.

We were sitting in the bed of my truck, parked at the stream. It was completely dark save for the lights turned on inside the cab of the truck.

"So where's this shockingly romantic plan you have?" Elizabeth whispered, resting her hand on my thigh. "I'm intrigued."

"Impatient, are we?" I whispered back, pressing a kiss to her ear.

"Maybe." Elizabeth laughed softly, not turning her head to face me as I kissed her cheek.

"Your skin is so soft." I whispered, twisting my fingers in her hair. "I love it."

I carefully gaged her reaction to the word, but her eyes only fluttered closed as she slid her hand up on my thigh.

She turned her head to face mine, our lips connecting as I lightly pulled on her hair.

"Yeah, I like this." Elizabeth whispered, softly pushing me back so she could straddle my waist.

"Careful." I laughed, squeezing her hips as she bent over me.

"Shut up and stop worrying about me, would you?" Elizabeth laughed. "It's been too damn long and I'm horny."

I was trying to think of something witty to say but my mind went blank when she pressed her lips to mine again.

"Hey, wait." I managed, pulling my head back. "Don't shoot me, okay?"

"Jesus, Charlie, what now?" Elizabeth groaned, resting her hands on my chest.

"If you're hurting, tell me to stop." I said softly. "Promise?"

"Fine, yeah whatever." Elizabeth rolled her eyes, pushing my shirt up. "Just get on with it, would you?"

~*~*~

"That shouldn't make me out of breath." Elizabeth whispered with a laugh. "Not that much at least."

I glanced over at her, a smile forming on my face at the look of distress on hers.

"What, getting out of shape?" I teased, nudging her hip with mine.

"Why don't you try sitting still for two straight weeks?" Elizabeth rolled her eyes, turning on her side to face me.

She was wearing my t-shirt and nothing else, her soft legs pressed against mine.

"You're beautiful." I whispered, brushing my thumb across her full lips. "Absolutely breathtaking."

Elizabeth closed her eyes, kissing my finger.

"So this boyfriend girlfriend talk..." I said softly with a laugh.

Elizabeth let out a laugh. "It makes it seem like we're in middle school." She laughed. "You know what I mean?"

"You kidding? I didn't fuck with labels in middle school." I teased, sliding my leg across her legs to pull her closer to me.

Elizabeth pressed her head against my chest, letting out a sigh.

"Cute." She whispered, pressing a soft kiss to my skin.

"I mean I guess basically the whole boyfriend title means we won't be seeing other people, right?" I offered, trying to bait her to be as involved in this conversation as I was right now.