Chapter 27: Haircuts

Chapter 27

"You need a haircut." Elizabeth told me, running her hand through my hair.

I pulled my head away, not looking up from my math homework.

"You need to let me finish this so I can properly pay attention to you." I replied. "You promised you'd be quiet."

"Yeah but then you just look so delightful..." Elizabeth whispered, leaning forwards to press her lips to my ear.

"Fuck it." I laughed, pushing my textbook off of the bed as I pulled her onto my lap.

She let out a giggle and I quickly shushed her, squeezing her hips as I pressed my lips to hers.

"If my parents found out you were here..." I whispered, kissing her cheek.

"We could always just say you were helping me learn some new plays." Elizabeth whispered, adjusting her legs so that she was straddling my waist.

"Yeah likely story. At three in the morning on a Wednesday?" I raised my eyebrows, leaning back against the pillows.

"I'm a dedicated team mate." Elizabeth breathed, leaning forwards to press her lips against my chest.

I closed my eyes as she let out a sigh and rested her head in the corner of my neck.

"But seriously, you need a haircut."

"I don't have time." I whispered back, twisting my fingers into her extensive mane of hair.

"I'll do it for you." Elizabeth said suddenly, sitting up straight. "Right now, you've certainly got time."

"You don't know how to cut hair." I snorted. "No way in hell am I letting you close to my hair."

"Charlie, my brother and I have the craziest hair out there and our mom, great as she may be, has no idea how to handle it. I have been the hair wizard of our family since before I was potty trained." Elizabeth said confidently. "Come on, into the bathroom."

It must be the lack of sleep, or the fact that she was the sexiest thing alive, but I willingly followed her as she pulled the desk chair into the bathroom.

I let her sit me down in the chair and start brushing through my hair with her fingers.

"Careful or you're gonna get me going." I teased, reaching around to grab her hips.

"You need to wash your hair. It's nasty." Elizabeth said, rubbing her fingers together. "Gross, I can feel the grease."

"My parents would be hella suspicious if I took a shower at three in the morning." I told her, watching her in the mirror.

Elizabeth sighed, twisting her fingers in my hair.

"Under the sink you go, then." Elizabeth sighed, reaching to grab the shampoo from the shower.

True trust is letting someone stick your head in a sink and wash your hair without second guessing it.

"You're making me do some crazy things, girl." I whispered as she towel dried my hair. "If you fuck this up..."

"Just shut up, close your eyes, and think about beaches." Elizabeth whispered in my ear. "I won't fuck this up. I cut hair all the time."

I took a deep breath and did as I was asked.

"Fine." I whispered.

Chills ran down my spine at the first snip but I let myself start daydreaming about this Friday's game and pretty soon I was barely paying attention to my hair.