Chapter 41: The Party Part Two

Chapter 41

The room was dark and hazy and filled with people in a cloud that reeked of weed.

I finally found Elizabeth in the back, a huge grin on her face as she laughed at something someone else said.

She was sitting on the couch and her hair had been pulled up into a loose ponytail.

"Charlie!" She said excitedly, jumping up from the couch.

"Uh, hey." I laughed as she threw her arms around my neck.

She planted a heavy kiss on my lips and gave a quick tug on my hair.

"I've got someone I want you to meet." She whispered in my ear. "Talia!" She yelled, making me wince with the volume so close to my ear drums.

So this was the infamous Talia that Lola seemed so shocked that I knew nothing about and that was in this car with Elizabeth...

"You called?" A girl asked behind me.

She was tall and lean, her hair wavy and long hanging all around her face. She was a total hippie, wearing loose flowery pants and a shirt that basically wasn't much better than a bra.

Elizabeth grabbed Talia's hand and pulled her towards me, a huge grin on her face.

"Charlie this is Talia! Talia, this is my boyfriend, Charlie!" Elizabeth laughed, wrapping her arm around Talia's waist.

"Oh the boyfriend?" Talia giggled. "I see what you mean, he's a babe."

The girls giggled, leaning into each other and grinning at me.

"Nice to meet you." I laughed, sticking my hands in my pockets.

"Your girlfriend is a spectacular woman, isn't she?" Talia laughed, smiling fondly at Elizabeth. "You're a lucky guy." Talia winked, detaching herself from Elizabeth.

"No don't go so fast!" Elizabeth exclaimed, grabbing Talia's hands.

"Oh you know, I've gotta make my rounds. You can't hog me all night, girlie." Talia teased, pulling Elizabeth into a hug. She pulled back and pressed a quick kiss to my girlfriend's lips. My eyebrows shot up in the air and my mouth fell open.

I was too shocked to process this information.

Was I supposed to be angry or turned on by this turn of events?

"A pleasure to meet you, Charlie." Talia gave a little bow before disappearing towards the door.

Elizabeth laughed, wrapping her arms around me.

"Who was that?" I asked curiously. "Why haven't you mentioned her?"

Elizabeth laughed softly, kissing my chest.

"You're gonna freak." Elizabeth shook her head, biting the fabric of my shirt softly.

"Doubt it." I frowned, lifting her chin so she was facing me. "Why's she such a big deal?"

"Seriously, babe, the right wing in you won't be able to handle this. You're gonna stroke out right here, I promise." Elizabeth shook her head, sliding her hands into my back pockets.

"Why don't you just spit it out and tell me?" I said softly, letting my hands travel to her ass too.

"We hooked up last year." Elizabeth shrugged, her eyes holding onto mine with a firm gaze.

My heart jumped into my throat but I composed myself and simply raised my eyebrows.

"No shit?" I managed, squeezing her butt. "How'd that happen?"