~Imagine #20~

Groaning, I put my head down on my desk and continued to listen to bff/n go on and on about princess stories. Lately she's been obsessed with a bunch of sh*tty fairytales.

Anything bff/n finds about those, she reads or watches. That's all she ever talks about anymore.

"What if that happened to one of us?" She exclaimed. I raised up my head, "Um, that would be cool."

"You weren't listening, were you?"

"I was for the first part," I half smiled, "but then it got really boring." She laughed. "Ok, I get it. That's all I've talked about for the past few days, and you're tired of it."

"Yeah, it's not like something like that could actually happen." I said. "Well, you've been dating your crush for a while now, and you've liked him since forever. That's kinda like a real life fairytale."

The bell rang, and bff/n and I walked to our lockers. C/n was standing beside mine.

"Hey," I smiled at him. "Hi." He barely even half smiled. "Um, I need to talk to you after school."

"Uh, ok." I didn't know what to say. He didn't have his normal, happy attitude. Normally, C/n was in a good mood when he saw me. A thousand thoughts went through my head. Why was he acting like that? Is he moving? Does he not like me anymore? Are we going to break up?

"Meet me behind the school."

"Ok, I will."

After the final bell rang, I went to my locker. I hurriedly put my stuff away, grabbing my backpack.

I went around to the back of the school. C/n was already there, so I walked up to him.

"What's wrong?" I asked. "Well, I don't think this is working out anymore." He looked at the ground.

"What?" I whispered. "What do you mean by that? Are we breaking up?" C/n nodded, "Yeah, we are. I'm sorry."

Not saying another word, he walked off. I stood in the same place, not turning around to watch him walk away.

Wondering what I did, tears filled my eyes. I thought everything was ok between us, that we both felt the same.

Over time, I liked C/n more and more. Now I just felt stupid. It really hurt. Bff/n wasn't right. It's not like a fairytale.

I pulled out my phone, texting Bff/n.

'Fairytales aren't real.'

A/n

Ok I just want to explain something. You don't have to read it if you don't want.

So the boy I said I like, I don't like him anymore. But I've had a small crush on this other boy for a while now. I don't get to see him a lot bc he goes to the church my best friend does and sometimes I go with her (otherwise I don't go to church) and I really like him a lot now but I haven't actually talked to him. Just by seeing some of the things he does he has a really good personality and just seems fun to be around (I don't stalk him or anything lmao)

I'm one of those ppl that don't really talk to anyone unless they talk to me. I really wanna talk to him.

What should I do?