~Imagine #47~

I threw my phone on the bed, and covered my face with my hands. That was the fifth fight I've had with C/n in the past three days. It's gotten to the point I don't think we are going to last much longer. We can't seem to agree on anything lately, and our fights have just gotten worse each time. I'm not sure what to do anymore. There's not much I can do at this point.

I've debated with myself multiple times whether I should break up with him or not. I want to, but then again I don't. This time really made me want to. I couldn't be sure if it was out of anger, though. After every fight we've had, my anger would disappear in the next few hours, and I wouldn't want to break up. But this time felt different. I was tired of all this.

I picked up my phone again, and pulled up C/n's contact. I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to break up or not. I tried to find the words, but could never find the right way to say what I want. It took about fifteen minutes, but finally decided on what to say.

Y/n
Can you come over? We need to talk about some things.

Not exactly what I wanted to say, but breaking up over text is a really crappy thing to do anyway. I still wasn't sure about ending the relationship, but we needed to talk about this anyway.

Three minutes later I got a text from him saying he was on his way. All I can do now is hope that this doesn't cause another fight.

I sat on the couch and waited. After awhile, C/n knocked on the door. I got up, and opened it.

"Hey, Y/n." He said, sounding upset. "Hi," I replied, moving to the side to let him in. C/n stepped inside the house, and followed me to the living room.

"We need to get all this figured out." I spoke, sitting down on the couch. He sat down next to me. "Yeah, I know."

"We can't keep fighting like this. I don't know what the problem is, though. One day we're fine, the next we can't say a word without upsetting the other. I don't understand. What's going on with us?" I locked eyes with him. He looked down and nodded. "I don't know either. We just can't seem to agree with anything suddenly. The fighting is getting old now. Maybe we spend too much time together. I just don't know, but what I do know is that it's not good for either of us."

I shook my head.

"We can't keep going on like this. I love you, and you love me. I know this, but maybe we need to take some time to ourselves. You know, give it awhile before we continue. I don't want to lose you, I want you to stay in my life. If we don't stop this, I don't know how much longer I'll have you."

C/n furrowed his eyebrows, "What are you saying?" I looked away from him. He was obviously hurt. I was too.

"I think we need a break." I stared at the floor. He shook his head, standing up. "I understand." C/n started walking towards the door. I got up to follow him.

"I'm sorry. This just isn't healthy for us. I want you to be happy. I don't ever want to be the cause of your sadness. I know you think the same for me, too. I only want what's best for you."

"Yeah, I do feel the same. I just want you to promise me one thing." I nodded, holding onto the door as he walks out. "Promise me this isn't going to be the end. I don't care if we just stay friends after this. I don't want to lose you."

I nodded, "I don't want to lose you either. I promise." He hugged me for what felt like hours. I didn't mind, though. "I love you," he said as he pulled away. "I love you, too." Then he started walking away.

I closed the door, overcome with emotion now. I just couldn't help but wonder if I made the right decision.