Left Me (Part 1)

Left Me (Part 1):

Y/N's POV

I watched them laugh and hug and kiss each other, every movement always marks a whole in my heart.

Betty Cooper and my best friend, Jughead Jones. They've been dating for a few weeks and it breaks me that I have to see them everyday act so sweet.

What does Betty have that I don't? Oh right, Jughead.

I've liked Jughead for years  now. Veronica is the only one that knows I like him. She told me I should tell Jughead how I feel before someone could. I didn't expect I'd be too late.

In school, I watched them across the hall, Jughead's arm is wrapped around Betty. They were talking and laughing, and even shower each other with kisses.

I sighed and faced my locker. The door of my locker has a photo of me and Jughead. It was taken when we were watching a movie in the Drive-Inn. I smiled.

Why can't it be me? I met him first, I had feelings for him first. I was there for him whenever he needs me, I know him better than anyone.

I closed my locker and there stood Jughead. I smiled at him, "Hi"

"Hi Y/N!" he smiled. He gave me a hug. It felt like all the air has been sucked out of me. It was like me and Jughead are the only ones in the world.

When he pulled away I lightly pouted. "What's up Jughead" I said. "Wanna hang out with me at Pop's after school?" he said.

I smiled and nod my head vigorously. "Of course!"

He chuckled, "You're cute" he lightly pinched my cheeks. He wrapped an arm around my waist and led me to class.

I know I'm blushing madly. I can't help it!

We sat down next to each other and I helped him with his novel. Even though Betty is his editor and his girlfriend I'm the only one who can read his novels.

*Time Skip*

When school was over, I ran to my locker to put my books inside. Jughead came towards me with a smile. "I'll meet you a Pop's okay? I still have to talk to Betty" he said. "I'll be there I promise"

I nod and gave him a hug. "Stay safe" I said. "Yeah. You too" he reolied.

With that we parted ways. I walked to Pop's and sat in our usual boot. Pops came and placed a plate of fries in front of me. "I didn't order anything yet" I told him.

"It's all in the house Y/N. Where's Jughead?" Pops replied. "Betty" I simply answered. Pops nod his head, "They're dating right?"

"Yeah" I mumbled sadly. "Well I wish you're his girlfriend instead" he said before walking back to the counter again.

I ate the fries slowly while waiting for Jughead.

I checked my phone to see its already 5:45. What time won Jughead get here?

I've been sitting here for one and a half hours! How long is that meeting with Betty?

I tapped my fingers on the table and hummed a song in my head. Pops came to my table every once in a while to talk to me.

6:00 pm

"Jughead still not here?" Pops asked. I shook my head. "No. He'll be here in a few minutes" I assured him. He nods and continued mopping the floor.

6:25 pm

I sighed and checked my phone to see no messages from Jughead.

Two hours... I've been sitting here for two hours.