Confront (Part II)

Confront (Part II):

I arrived home with Jughead around 7:00.

"I'm gonna talk to Archie now Y/N" Jughead told me. "You sure you don't need backup?" I offered for the last time, wishing he'd give up and allow me to talk to Archie with him.

"It's all good Y/N. I don't want to drag you into this" Jughead gave me a peck on the lips and kissed my temple. His thumbs stroked my cheeks as we stared into each others' eyes. "I love you" I smiled.

"I love you too" he said.

We stayed like that for a few minutes before I walked inside the house. I ran to my room, threw my bag on the bed and opens my balcony window, seeing Jughead seated on the porch steps, waiting for Archie.

A few moments later, Archie arrived. He looks absolutely confused as to why Jughead is waiting for him.

"Jughead? What's up" he says. "What's up is that I saw you, Archie... In the music room... With Miss Grundy" Jughead slowly approached Archie.

"Keep your voice down. My dad and sister are inside" Archie said, trying to get Jughead to stop the topic.

"I'm trying to help you, dude. I'm trying to be your friend here even though we're not anymore" Jughead said. "How long? You and Grundy?"

"Since this summer" Archie said, knowing he can't get out of this one. "I like her" he adds.

Damn it Archie! Do you have any idea what you're getting yourself into?

I mentally curses while watching them interact.

Jughead scoffed. "So I'm guessing she's the reason you've been acting weird since summer?"

"One of them" Archie's reply took Jughead by surprise.

"One of them? There's more?" he asks.

"We were at Sweetwater River on July 4th" Archie said.

I gasped and covered my mouth, hiding behind the wall but I can still hear their conversation.

"We heard a gunshot. The gunshot" Archie adds.

"Dude you have to tell somebody" Jughead said. I can tell by the time of his voice, he is shocked of what he just heard.

"I can't" Archie tried to explain. "Neither can you. If people find out about Grundy--"

"A kid is dead Archie! And you're worried some... Some cougar!" Jughead snapped.

"Don't call her that okay? She's not like that. She cares about me" Archie defended his relationship with Grundy.

"Stab in the dark. I'm guessing she cares more about herself. She's the one who's telling you not to say anything right?" Jughead said. "Look. I saw you guys. She's messing with you, man. And she's messing with you're mind"

"What the hell do you know about it, Jughead? Or about me, even?" Archie snaps.

"Nothing" Jughead sighed. "But I used to know this guy once, Archie Andrews. He wasn't perfect, but he always tried to do the right thing at least"

"Jug, if you tell anyone about this..." Archie tried to threaten Jughead but nothing came.

"What? What are you gonna do?" Jughead replied.

That was hot to be honest.

The door opens, and I'm guessing it's my dad. "Hey Jug. You coming in? We got takeouts from Pop's" dad offered. "Also Y/N's up in her room"