Chapter 3: Cousin POV or Settle Down Already!

Paul's POV

Tord has been happy lately and it not surprising either. He's been dating again and has a new partner for a while now. I wish my cousin would settle down with anyone at this point and tell us who it is. I wonder if it's Tom actually. Tord was getting chummy with the guy to the point of having him in the office a lot. Hell, I hope it is because I approve of him to carry our village name, Søtvier.

He's the perfect mate for Tord to settle down with. But, Tord treats him so badly that I was going to ask him to invite him to the meeting tonight. I don't want this to be the same routine of love and lost again. Besides, I finally found a sparring partner in Tom who can fight besides Pat. I don't want to lose him due to Tord's selfishness.

I walk up to Tord's room to see a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. I guess I can either discuss with him about inviting his partner or Tom to these parties. It's usually fun with the guy there. Getting wasted, getting rowdy,  and causing some trouble. This some how makes Tord loosen up a little. I can see it in his eyes when he looks at Tom. It's love like I have for Annie, Tom's strawberry maid.

Pat's POV

I don't get why Paul's always getting into our cousin's love life. I'm happy when he is working like a leader should. Don't get me wrong, I knew he took over the world to change it but, he told me he did it for someone else. I want to know the person who has that ability to push Tord to change the world and if they're grateful for it. I have a feeling its Tom but, I never would guess someone who hated my cousin in the past could do that.

I see Paul knocking on the door before going in. He was coming to bug the poor man who was probably busy with something or someone. I see the curtains down which means he has someone in...do I smell pineapple? Wait, it smells like sex, pineapple upside down cake, and other things. It couldn't be Tom in that bed, could it? If it is, I owe Paul a hundred bucks and I do not want to lose that bet.

While he was talking to us, I heard a hiss in the background. I would not be surprised. We were disturbing them for some stupid reason. But, what's getting me is that scent of pineapple. I stood still for a second to hear why we had to return back when we have to pack ourselves.

"Hey Tord, is Tom busy tonight?" Paul asked. I looked at him like he grew a third head.

"I don't think so, I can call him after you guys leave and see if he's busy." Tord replied annoyed as if we interrupted something private. Not surprising since his partner is in his bed. I wanted to grab Paul and leave until I saw some guy clothes on the dresser.

I looked up at the time and grabbed Paul. We have to be packed for this trip too but, this fool wanted to waste time messing around! If we missed this meeting, I'm throwing him to the wolves we have as pets. Either that or feed him his least favorite food. I swear my cousin can be such an ass sometimes.

Tord's POV

Paul is weird sometimes. He doesn't know that he won the bet they set up behind my back. I'm going to ask why they did that when I get back. But, I'll wait until they both leave to talk to Tom about tonight's trip. Something told me to turn around quick before Tom got out of bed. I wanted to ask him why he has been nuzzling my neck a lot lately.

I turn to see Tom covered in an upright fetal position. His knees hid his beautiful black eyes. It look like he didn't wanted to see the world anymore. I crawled over to him to see if he needed some comfort from today. He spoke up before I could touch him.

"You're leaving again, are you?" He doesn't look up. For once, he wants to be by my side. But, it's not always the case.

"Yeah, but, with you." He looks up at me like I said some good news.

"R-Really?" I nodded. Paul has a point when it came to Tom not going with me on these trips much. That's why Annie was assigned to him when he left the first time.

///Flashback///

I was getting ready for a business trip when Tom came into the room. He looked at me as if I was about to break his heart. I kissed him and told him I would be gone for a week and that he could stay here or go home.

He choose home over staying here. He didn't want to be here alone if I wasn't going to be there.

Before I could do anything, he got out of the car quickly and so did I. I ran into his home before he could close the door and tackled him on to the couch. Before anyone could talk, we were making out. As if this was the last time I would see him. He forgot to lock the door because we heard it open.

"Hello Tom-HOLY CRAP SORRY!" Matt left as quickly as he came in.

I looked at Tom before leaving for my car. He just stood at the door with a mix of Fuck You and I Give Up on his face. I hated to see him like that but, it was an important meeting that he couldn't come  with me to. I drove back to my house to get my stuff for the trip. Without realizing it, Tom took a trip of his own somewhere far from any communication. When I tried to contact him, he wasn't answering my calls. I had Matt check on him but, he told me that Tom gave him Lil Tom then left afterwards. He didn't know where.

Worse, is that he own family didn't know where he went. I had a look out put on him for the next two days. Worried and angry, I almost didn't eat. I don't know why this bothered me but, lately, I wanted to protect him. To keep him close like he was my bonded mate or something.

I was glad after the second day. He returned with scars and bruises on him. He looked tired and started to growl when people got close to him. They had to sedate him just to touch him. I had him brought to me in chains. When he looked at me, his face was that of fear, pain, and anger. He looked at me and said in a sad, but angry tone,

"Now you know how my pain. How I feel..."

No one knew why he said that to me. I didn't want them to because they don't need to know our business. I took him off their hands and took him to my room. He didn't want to but, I cuddled with him to make up for lost time. It was my way of saying 'I apologize' without him trying to do something reckless again.

I decided to assign Annabelle to him so that he had someone to watch over him. Instead, he ended up with a friend who would occasionally drop reasons why he was moody.

<Flashback over>

I looked at Tom who was getting dressed quickly. He looked at me with a hurry up look. Smiling, I got dressed and grabbed the keys. He had to get ready and so did I.

He needs this. No, we need this for once.

A/N

Yup, Paul and Pat are Tord's cousins in this story (Sorry shippers!). Anyways, they share the last name Søtvier because it's the name of the village they all grew up in.

It also means Nightshade or the latin name for it in Norwegian which is found in the village.

Anyways, I'm going to be updating as much as I can before writer's block hits me and I have to put this on hold. I'm also working on another book so that might take up my time as well.