Chapter 17: Man of Mystery

Tord's POV

Over the course of next week, I got to know and learn about min elskede more than normal. He was able to transform more smoothly with the training sessions that we all did. It was slowly becoming less of a hassle to talk to him about his past. He started to treat me like I was his old friend again.

He talked about his family, his friends, even about a Norwegian boy who invited him to his party. I was shocked when he told me about the boy's last name. That I reminded him of the boy. I remember talking to a boy who wore sunglasses. Was that Tom? I bet it was because he was the one of the few who did.

I told you he was a man of mystery.

Things started to get better between us. He was starting to be more into the training lately and stop running away so much. The one issue is at work when his co-workers would question the bandages on his face and he would have to lie. There was no way he was going to tell them that he's been fighting a bunch of monsters lately.

But, something has been troubling me lately. It was Tomas and his needs if you want to call them that. He communicates through Tom whenever he needed to talked to me. I can tell when because the 'eyes' on Tom's visors would change from green to purple. I would sit there and while he adjust before talking.

"Has he claimed you yet?" Tomas would ask. It was a start of our conversations.

"Nope, why?"

"Freaking idiot! I live in this body for 29 years and he can't do a simple task! I feel like Wrathia and he's Ava except I'm not going anywhere after our pact is up." Tomas huffed.

"What are you exactly?" I'm curious here.

"A fusion of a medical and natural monstrosity." He replied. He looked at me with lust in his eyes.

"Practically, His mom turned herself into a beast of legend while his dad had the DNA for one. I'm technically a Hell beast but, also something else. I think something powerful."

"Say what?" My eyes widen at the thought of the firepower we would have. 

"He's a part of a clan of dragons and other monsters. He's almost immortal without realizing it. I just upped his life cycle when we made a pact."

"Can he fly?"

"He can do more than that. It's a miracle he didn't tell you about it."

"He's a man of mystery." I told him. I felt his hand on mine. I turned it over and squeezed it.

"Can you promise one thing for me?" He looked at me with sadness in his 'eyes'.

"Depends on the promise. I am human after all." I smirked. He smiled the same way.

"Maybe."

"I want you to watch over Thomas. I don't care if he claims you or not, I just want him to be happy for once and stop trying to suppress me in the most destructive ways." I know what he meant. It was his drinking that was the suppression.

"Besides, I know you will not let him out of your sight. You already established that with this head piece." The 'eye' color on the visor started to change back to green.

"Whelp, Tommy boy wants his body back. Until he goes to sleep again. Hopefully, we can have another chat or something." I felt him kiss my cheek before Tom came back.

"What did Tomas wanted that he would knock me out."

"Oh nothing though, you two should really get along. He does care about you."

"He made you promise something, didn't he?" He wanted me to say yes. 

"Maybe."

"As long as it's not destructive, I will get along with him." He huffed.

"You two remind me of a Gorillas song."

"Let me guess, I'm the drummer and he's the ghost?" Tom giggled. He's so cute when giggles!

"Yup." I remarked. A smirk formed on my face when he stuck his tongue out at me.

I took that opportunity to kiss him. He didn't stop me at all. In fact, he leaned into it while I felt something wrap around my waist. I knew what it was as it pushed me closer to him. His tail is soft though.

By the time we were done, we didn't know about the group was watching us until one of them coughed. We were embarrassed being caught at a bad time.

"I hope we weren't interrupting a good time or anything." I rolled my eyes. Oh brother, we leave them alone for a few minutes...

"No, let's get back to training and planning. We need to find information for this war on top of being in top shape." I started to walk off.

I didn't realize that Tom wasn't moving with us. I patted his shoulder for him to start growling. Then he looked back at me with a smile on his face. As if what he did was normal and not out of the ordinary. I wanted to ask him about that but, he walked off quickly.

He is defiantly a man of mystery.

Tom POV

We're running out of time. I didn't want to tell Tord but, they're already here. I saw one and ended up spooking Tord with my growl. We need to act fast now. He needs to get ready to defend his castle.

Because it's time to collect their bounty. 

A/N

It's going to be a small chapter because I want to work on the fight/war scene soon. I hope you guys are liking the story so far. 

Also, I think someone is going to get the Wrathia reference. Here's a cookie if you do.