How It All Began

Your POV

The dinner was awkward as I anticipated. I nibbled on all the food that was served but could not stomach anything. I can feel Lin watching me from three seats away on the opposite side of the table. I couldn't concentrate on the director as he spoke. Thankfully, Kendall is taking notes. Once dinner ended, I practically ran to my room. I assured Kendall I was fine and sent him to his room then promptly threw up in the toilet. I rinsed my mouth and came out to find Lin standing with a bottle of water. We stared at each other for several minutes without saying a word.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"How did you get in here?" I ignored his question.

"Your new assistant left his key card at the table. I returned it just as he was walking out of here..."

"He let you in?"

"Not quite... I brought you water." A silence followed.

"What the hell, Lin?" I said after a while.

"Why can't I stop thinking about you all of a sudden?" I was shocked but then I got angry.

"Is this some sort of trap?" I'm not the one whose wife turned green out of nowhere for no reason. I could tell he was getting angry as well.

"That's what I should be asking you! You just up and quit. No explanation. No reason! You just walked out on me! I missed you!" Lin came right up to my face, "How dare you! How dare you mess with me! How dare you mess with my heart..." He pulled me into him with my arms held down by his hands. My breathing picked up as I felt his whole body against me. I didn't squirm in his grip. I felt entranced by his brown eyes being trained on my face. I felt my tears return but I couldn't hold them back this time. I started crying in his arms.

"Why are you doing this?" I cried. "Stop! Let go!" I said between sobs.

"Do you hate me that much now?"

"No! I've never hated you! If anything, I care too much!"

"Really?"

"Yea-" I didn't finish before I was kissed by warm lips. At first, I went stiff. My heart beat so wildly I thought it might burst from my chest. Lin's hands moved from my arms to my face. I began to relax into the embrace until Vanessa's face flashed into my mind. I pulled away forcefully from Lin. A little too forcefully because I stumbled over my feet as I moved back. I stayed down on the ground.

"Y/N, I'm so-"

"Don't apologize. Why are you apologizing?" I gave in with my eyes closed. He sat down next to me.

"I don't know. For everything?"

"You didn't do anything wrong..." I looked at him and saw a shocked expression cross his face as he cocked his head to the side and looked at me. A stray tear ran down my face and he wiped it away but his hand lingered on my face. When he began to move his hand off, I held it in place. We smiled at each other for the first time in a long time. I wish we could've frozen the moment. "No one else was in the room where it happened..." Lin chuckled at my reference.