Epilogue

After a week of living at the hospital, we finally went home. It was the best thing in the world. I missed food with salt and I was concerned with Lin's back considering he mostly slept in the chair my room had. The first couple months of felt like my easiest time after Francesca's birth. Vanessa and I were basically sister wives. We took care of all the children like they were our own. We kept baby books and compared the length of time between all our babies' firsts. We even had an interesting talk with Sebastian explaining that Francesca is his sister even though I'm not his mom.

"But don't the babies have to come from mommy's tummy if they are for daddy? And if Y/N calls me her little brother then Baby Francesca is her sister?" Seb asked. Vanessa and I looked awkwardly at each other.

"We can have this conversation when you're older." Vanessa patter Sebastian on the head. Francesca was a healthy baby. Dr. Etus did house visits to check on Francesca. She was a healthy baby. Unfortunately, she looked more like Lin than me. I felt betrayed, but it was also very beautiful at the same time. I thought life with the Miranda's would be miserable. What was supposed to be a month's visit turned into me selling my home and moving in permanently with the Miranda's. They were my family. The thought of leaving felt absurd. Our respective family members and friends came to visit and see our baby. It was nice, but I knew I couldn't keep Francesca a secret forever. I had been off the scene for a while and silence was always noticed. That's life in the spotlight

It was a couple months after Francesca's first birthday, a story leaked about my pregnancy. Lin came in my room with the story on his phone.

"Candace already found out who it was." I said without turning around. I was sitting at the window while Francesca played on the ground. Lin picked her up and hugged her close. She giggled as Lin kissed her.

"Daddy!" She giggled.

"Hi, Princess!" He held her then kissed my cheek. "You're not taking this well. You knew it was coming."

"I know. I just like how things are. Now I'm going to have to deal with the world's reaction." I said trying not cry in front of Francesca. Lin hugged me.

"We are going to deal with it and we are going to be alright." He assured me.

"So how do we do it? I'm not doing interviews. That's too much power out of my hands." I said.

"Just do it the way you're planning on telling Francesca." He smiled at me then walked out with Francesca still in his arms. I pulled out my laptop and typed seven words: So We Had an Affair: A Confessional.