Sneak Peek to a possible story

We watched the interview on the tv. I felt uncomfortable and shifted in my seat. Lin was leaning in the door watching me and Vanessa. Vanessa was not too far from me on the couch. Her expression was unreadable but she made disapproving sounds.

"Was that supposed to be funny?" Vanessa asked in a serious tone.

"I mean... People laughed..." I answered with a light chuckle. No one joined in.

"Well, since you insist on misbehaving, you're going to be punished." Vanessa said.

"Like a good punishment or a real punishment?"

"You're not coming with me on vacation."

"What?!"

"You're staying here with Lin and the boys."

"But we've been planning this trip for months! I'm sorry! Lin, I'm sorry!" I turned to Lin who still said nothing. "Vanessa, please!"

"Make sure you please him in my absence."

"But, Vanessa, I really wanted to go with you! I want to please you! I'm sorry!"

"Think carefully before you speak to interviewers and have fun with Lin." Vanessa said getting up and leaving. I let out a deep sigh. Being the personal assistant to the Mirandas was not easy.

Thoughts?

As of May 2020, this is a story out on my Wattpad called Assisting Mr. and Mrs. Miranda