Week 16

"Now this might feel a little cold." Dr. Etus said as she smeared a cold clear gel on my stomach. I smiled and nodded but still jumped a little when she put it on me. Lin was holding my hand. I can't remember when the last time he had let go of it. When we got up to make the long drive to the clinic, he latched on and never let go. Lin held my hand or had an arm securely wrapped around me occasionally kissing our intertwined fingers, my cheek, or the top of my head. He had been very attached to me ever since our return from our week away from the family. He even slept in my room sometimes.

"So, Doc, give it to me straight: are we having a girl or a boy?" Lin asked.

"We made a bet on the baby's gender." I said. Dr. Etus chuckled.

"Well, who bet the baby would be a boy?" She asked.

"That would be me." I said quietly.

"Well, you just lost. You're having a girl." She smiled. Lin's face had range of emotions. First, he looked shocked then a smile broke out as he held back tears. His eyes glistened with happiness.

"Will we get more pictures?" Lin asked. Dr. Etus nodded. She continued talking about what to expect from this point on.

"Do you have any questions?" Dr. Etus asked. Lin looked at me.

"No. Thank you, Dr. Etus." I answered. Lin helped me down and we walked out. Candace stood as soon as we entered the waiting room.

"Well?" she asked expectantly.

"We're having a girl!" Lin screamed. They both jumped up and down squealing. I looked at them and shook my head with a laugh.

"Okay ladies let's go." I chuckled lightly. Lin and Candace excitedly swapped dream ideas for a baby girl the whole ride back home. Lin held my hand and would squeeze it lightly whenever he was explaining his ideas to Candace.

"Okay, you should take a walk. I just need to change and we can go." Candace said when we arrived home.

"I feel like I'd rather take a nap." I said. Candace looked at me then Lin.

"I'll be here all day. I'll take her for a walk after her nap." Lin cut in. Candace nodded then hugged me. I went to room. Lin was about to follow me but then stopped when Candace spoke.

"Lin, can I talk to you before you go?" Candace asked. Lin nodded but didn't let go of my hand.

"Lin." I said shaking my hand lightly. He let go reluctantly. "Just come in after." I kissed his cheek then walked away.

"Lin," Candace said when she thought I was far enough, "She's tired a lot for being in her second trimester... Is she eating okay?"

"She eats with us like normal."

"Does she clear her plate? Does she eat more?"

"Well, she clears her plate when I pay attention."

"I don't know... Something is off. I feel like we solve one problem and then another one arises with her."

"She doesn't joke as much as she used to... I'm going to keep an extra eye on her."

"Do that. Make sure she doesn't skip out on the walks. She seemed so relaxed when you guys came back and I think the walks were what helped her."

"Okay."

"Alright, I have to go. I have a phone conference with Kendall." I heard the front door open and close. Before I could get away fast enough, Lin came around the corner. We made eye contact.

"Y/N, did you just eavesdrop?" Lin asked me.

"Uh, I was... I..." I didn't know what to say.

"Are you still tired?"

"Yes..."

"Come on, let's get in bed then." Lin led me inside and we laid down. He wrapped his arms around me. I felt his breathing on top of my head.

"Lin..." I said suddenly.

"Yes?"

"I wanted a gender reveal party..." I confessed.

"Why didn't you say so? I would've thrown you the most amazing gender reveal party known to mankind.

"Because who would come? We can't post anything about this. So no one knows. The security on this situation is too much to have a slip up before the birth. Lin was quiet for a moment.

"Did you tell your family?"

"I told my siblings not my parent(s)."

"Anyone else?" Lin asked. I listed the people who knew what was going on. Lin nodded then said nothing. I didn't say anything but that didn't matter since eventually I fell asleep. I woke up to Lin's hushed voice on the phone. I turned slightly and realized he wasn't in the bed with me. I heard Lin pause his conversation. I pretended to still be asleep. He continued talking after a moment. I couldn't understand what the other person was saying.

"No, she just said it on her own. I didn't force it... Honestly, I'm just happy we really are in a good place communication wise... It still doesn't explain the sleep thing. I'm going to call the doctor and ask her what she thinks... I might have checked her phone... I did it for ideas! Besides, she gave me the passcode so technically I was allowed to be in her phone! Oh please, you would do it too... On Pinterest... It was a secret board... So many ideas... Yeah, I'm going to talk to V when she returns... Yeah. Yeah. Okay. Bye." I heard Lin's footsteps approach my bed. He kissed my forehead. "Don't worry, mi Corazon, I will make you happy."