The Room Where It Happened

Your POV

One night, Anthony and I were hanging out. He looked like something was bugging him.

"I need to go get ice... Want to come with?" He nodded. The ice was on a different floor so we had to take the elevator up. It was really quiet. Something feels off but I can't quite place it...

"Y/N, I really like you." Anthony began. Oh no...

"I like you too..." Please don't ask me...

"But I would like for us to be exclusive... Maybe see where this goes?" My breath caught in my throat at his words and I said nothing but looked down to the floor. Anthony is a great guy. I have such a great time being with him but the truth is in the back of my mind when I'm with him I'm wishing it were Lin. I wish I could spend my lunch breaks with him eating tacos from a food truck on fake grass. I wish people would think we look adorable together. I wish we could freely walk between each other's room with no suspicion but we can't. Truth be told, I hung out with Anthony to quench that thirst I have for Lin. He's so great. He deserves better than me. The elevator ding broke me away from my thoughts. We stepped off and walked to the ice machine at one end of the hall. When we got to it Anthony took the ice bucket from my hands and set it down at the machine. I looked down at my hands.

"Y/N, say something..." Anthony said lifting my chin.

"I can't... Not now at least. I'm not ready for a relationship."

"Oh." It got quiet between us. I could tell Anthony was hurt but didn't know how to go about excusing himself.

"You should go." Anthony opened his mouth to say something then stopped and walked to the elevator. Here come the water works.

Lin's POV

I watched the whole thing unfold from behind a wall. I knew it was because of me but I didn't have the chance to be triumphant. Once Anthony stepped onto the elevator, small sniffles came from Y/N. I walked out to her without thinking. She gasped when she saw me.

"No, please, I can't deal with you right now." She said. I said nothing as I filled her ice bucket then nudged her to the elevator. She sniffled back to her room. Once we were inside, I took a glass to put ice water in it for her to drink. As she was drinking the ice water, I took a hand towel and ran it under some hot water then wrung it out. I returned to less sniffling as Y/N watched me carefully. I took off her glasses to press the hand towel on her under her eyes and on her cheeks. She closed her eyes and took a relaxing breath. I smiled a little knowing that I was calming her down.

Your POV

"Now I want you to let it all out." Said Lin after he had taken care of me. I wanted to cry over Anthony. I wanted to laugh at my absurdity. Most of all, I wanted to kiss him. So, I did. I attacked Lin with an emotional embrace. He didn't respond at first but then he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. It was a great slow embrace but quickly became more frantic as we began to explore each other. Lin and I hadn't spent any time together since the awkward breakfast run in. Then after that I felt angry when they sent Sebastian to come ask me to babysit again. So, I avoided him even more. All our pent up sexual frustration was rapidly releasing like air out of a balloon. We gravitated towards my bedroom without hesitation.

...

"Well, it's official, I'm Maria Reynolds." I thought aloud as I came out of the bathroom in a plush bathrobe. I had taken a post coital shower after Lin. We probably could have gone all night but the sound of a couple text notifications reminded us that he was supposed to be in his room not shucking it up with me. So, he showered to prepare to leave but I showered to calm down.

"What? No, you're not." Lin replied.

"Yes, I am."

"Y/N!" he said a little forcefully, "No, you're not."

"So, I offered her a loan, I offered to walk her home, she said/You're too kind, sir/" I sang and danced around as I put on my comfy pajamas, "I gave her thirty bucks that I had socked away/She lived a block away, she said:/This one's mine, sir/Then I said, "Well, I should head back home,"/She turned red, she led me to her bed/Let her legs spread and said:/Stay?"

"Hey..." Lin joined in with a smile as he pulled me into him.

"Hey..." We both lightly chuckled then it was silent for a moment.

"Is this your way of telling me that you're not-so-estranged husband going to black mail me?"

"Yes." I laughed then it was quiet again until he kissed my forehead.

"You are not Maria Reynolds. Also, are you wearing your comfy pajamas?"

"How do I look?" I posed.

"Absolutely delicious." Lin left butterflykisses on my neck.