Betrayed By an Owl

I woke up the next day feeling refreshed. I'm sure I slept ugly. After all, it's the best kind of sleep. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, then leafed through the room service breakfast menu

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! Hmm, who could that be? I looked through the peephole and saw Anthony's fresh face waiting patiently. He came to see me!? I looked down at my clothes. Oh my gosh, I'm still in my comfy pajamas!

"Uh, coming!" I pretended to yell from afar as I dashed into my closet and put on my cute pajamas. The top was purple with pink words that read: NIGHT OWL with a cute owl underneath. The shorts were white with pink and purple flowers. I ran to my door and opened it smoothly. "Anthony?"

"Hey, I didn't wake you, did I?" he asked taking in my appearance. I smiled and shook my head no. "Uh, I hope this isn't weird but have you had breakfast yet?"

"No, I was just about to order some." We ordered room service then sat quietly in the living room area.

"So, what should we do while we wait?" I smiled mischievously at his question then moved closer to him and kissed him. Hmm, Anthony tastes delicious...

KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Must be breakfast." I said as pulled away, "I'll get it." I tried to catch my breath as I answered the door still smiling like a goof. My eyes bugged out when I answered the door to a smiling Lin.

"Y/N, I was-" he stopped mid-sentence and took in my appearance. I felt a pang in my heart. "Nice... Nice pajamas..." Anthony came to the door.

"Hey, what's taking so long? Is it not breakfast?" Anthony's arms wrapped around my waist pulled me back into his chest. He kissed my cheek before noticing Lin at the door.

"Oh, hey, man."

"Hey, I was looking for you and Y/N." Lin said barely taking his eyes off me, "Daveed and I were thinking we could all go get breakfast together but sounds like you guys already ordered."

"Yeah, man, but thanks, bro." They fist bumped then Lin walked away. Anthony led me back inside and we made out some more until our food came. I couldn't stop thinking about Lin's face...

Lin's POV

I knew Y/N was actually tired last night. I could see it in her face. I could also see she wanted to kiss me last night just as much as I wanted to kiss her. We couldn't in the open hall. So, this morning, I got up earlier to make sure I could have breakfast with her in her suite. I made my way to her room humming 'Helpless'. I knocked twice on her door wondering if I would be surprising her and get to see her comfy pajamas. The door opened and there was Y/N... in the cutest pajamas I've seen her in. Her hair looked like hands has been running through them...but not her hands. She seemed to be catching her breath. She looked shocked and... ashamed...

"Nice... Nice pajamas..." I said hoping my assumptions were wrong. My assumptions weren't wrong. Anthony appeared behind her wrapping his arms around her waist. It was painful to see him kiss her on the cheek. I made up an excuse and left. I returned to my suite unhappy.

...

Your POV

When we met up later on set, I looked around for Lin. We still weren't working on the Hamilton parts of the song so essentially, we would interact zero times. I didn't find him before the director clapped his hands to get our attention. When we finally got another break, I saw Lin with another woman. It was... Vanessa?! She had Sebastian in her arms. They were smiling at each other. I began to walk away when Anthony caught my arm and pulled me over to him.

"Hey, Y/N, what do you say we order room service tonight but this time we order to my room?" He rocked me in his arms. Should I? I looked over at the Miranda family still in their bubble of happiness. Look at them. They have their family. They have their happiness. I shouldn't even be mixing into any of this. He's married, Y/N. You're like Maria Reynolds right now. I looked up at Anthony. He was smiling at me but a little bit of mischief danced in his eyes. He kisses my forehead then each of my cheeks and trails down my neck. I giggle from the softness. Look at this guy. He wants to be with you. He's not married. He has no kids. He's the one you should want. I smile at Anthony and nod. We intertwine our fingers and kiss quickly. I turn around as Anthony keeps an arm wrapped loosely around my neck. I catch the Miranda's looking at me. Lin looks away quickly but Vanessa catches my eyes. She raises her brows and looks pleased before turning away.

Lin's POV

I was still feeling a little bummed out about breakfast but there was a surprise waiting for me when we went on break on the set.

"Daddy!" Sebastian ran and hugged me. I felt my heart grow looking at my son.

"Hey, buddy! Write any new songs?"

"No, but I can be a robot! Quack!" We both laughed. My wife walked over and gave me a kiss.

"We need to talk."

"About?"

"Daddy! I saw Y/N! Can I go play with her?" interrupted Sebastian. I exchanged looks with my wife.

"That." She said flatly "Sebastian, baby, can you hold onto this for mommy?" She handed him a toy and he was distracted as I put him down.

"So, Sebastian misses her still... How is that a problem worth a trip over?"

"He has been acting up for the other sitters. He keeps whining and asking when Y/N is coming back."

"Well, she hasn't spoken a word to me while on set. She avoids me like the plague. She even slammed a door in my face."

"Oh." Said Vanessa with a raised eyebrow. They turned to look at Y/N who was with Anthony. She caught their eyes and turned away quickly. "Hmm, maybe Sebastian can help? Sebastian, look who's over there!"

"Y/N!" Sebastian squealed and ran to her. Y/N turned around and received Sebastian with a hug. She picked him up with a smile and talked to him. She looked genuinely happy. He asked her something then her smile faltered. She took a breath then slowly spoke to Sebastian. He nodded and gave her hug then returned with a little less pep.

"What's the matter, buddy?" I asked him.

"Y/N said she can't play with me but that's okay she still loves me." I felt my heart break for my son.

"Why don't you ask her?" I asked Vanessa. She stiffened.

"No, I can't... We have to get going anyways. Maybe try to get her to hear you out? Tell Daddy goodbye, sweetie."

"Goodbye, sweetie." Sebastian laughed at his own silliness. Vanessa gave me a kiss then took Sebastian and left.