The Story Continues...? (Teaser)

"Everyone present?" I asked. Kendall chuckled and Candace rolled her eyes. I made the same joke every meeting ever since I had hired Kendall. We were in my room sitting on my bed.

"Unless you're planning on hiring someone else to come on board?" Kendall asked hopefully. I shook my head.

"It's in the budget."

"Guys, this isn't the time to expand. Besides, we've been through the large crew process when I was pregnant. Remember? That's how we got in this position." I admonished.

"It was the Instagram clone. The only person that I didn't vet. I should've been more involved." Candace scowled as she thought back to the buzz article she'd seen online about me being pregnant.

"If anyone is to blame, it's me." Kendall said with his head lowered. "I should've been more careful with my calls. I'm sorry again, Y/N."

"Guys, it's okay. It's not an ideal situation, but we will do our best with what we have. Anyways, that's not why we're meeting. Did they come?" I nervously looked at Kendall. He smiled and lifted a box. I opened it slowly and pulled out a book. They weren't thick but still beautiful. My heart beat quickly as I traced the lettering on the cover.

"The first official copy of my book will be signed and saved for my daughter. She will read it when the time comes. I'll have Lin sign it too." I said as I picked up my favorite pilot G-2 pen and signed the inside of the cover for Francesca. "And the next two copies go to my assistants who are also my confidants and closest friends. I wouldn't be able to do a fraction of what I do without you." I gave the signed books to Kendall and Candace. Candace had tears in her eyes.

"You really don't have to do this. I could buy a copy." Candace smiled through her tears. I hugged them each.

"The next two will be for Lin and Vanessa." I said.

"Has Lin read the full book yet?" Kendall asked.

"No, just the parts he wrote. And he wrote them as responses to questions I asked him about recalling certain days and events so he doesn't have much to go off of either." I answered. "So your assignments are to take these and read them. You have a week to do so and then submit a written review. I really want to know your thoughts. I'll tell Lin and V the same."

"I can't wait to start!" Kendall clapped. They both started to get up.

"Wait, guys. There's one more thing..." I said.