Breathe Pt. 2

"Are you sure you want to do this? Because you don't have to. I'll tell her myself." Lin's eyes were filled with concern as he circled his arms around my waist. He was trying to convince me to let him tell Vanessa about my pregnancy on his own.

"Lin, you said it yourself that it takes two. Besides, I want to be around for the nitty gritty."

"I just don't want to stress you out." He put his forehead against mine.

"Lin, you know more than anyone that I have to tell her myself."

"I understand." He said as he kissed my nose. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment of calm before the storm. 'I can't believe this is going to happen. She's going to hate my guts, but I'm prepared this time. I can control the situation. No worries, right? Okay, I'm kind of low-key scared!' I felt Lin's lips warm my own. My worrying melted away. For the moment.

I blinked back my tears to hold them back. Vanessa was looking at me with so much scrutiny and disgust that it made me feel physically sick.

"How far along are you?" She asked again.

"Three months... Just past I mean..." I mumbled.

"How do you even know it's yours? Hmm?!"

"Hey!" I said defensively.

"What?! If you were sleeping with my husband, who's to say you weren't sleeping with anyone else's husband?" Vanessa's tone was accusatory. She had a right to be angry but damn she was acting like I was some random woman from the street claiming Lin as the father of my unborn baby.

"If that was your discreet way of calling me a whore, I'm not!"

"If I wanted to call you a whore I would just call you a whore, whore!" Vanessa and I started full on yelling at each other.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Lin cut in when Vanessa and I started moving closer to each other. He held us both at arms length. "Vanessa, the baby is mine. I'm not denying anything happened."

"Get a test." Vanessa crossed her arms over her very pregnant belly.

"We don't need a test." Lin said.

"This could be a money trap. Purposely get you to sleep with her and get her pregnant so she can be taken care of." Vanessa said with a raised eyebrow.

"Vanessa." Lin's tone was cautionary.

"No, get a test," I said through tears, "And then stay out of my life. I came over here to be honest and tell you what happened. I was going to hide this. I was going to hide it from everyone but no Ant, Candace, and Kendall INSISTED Lin should know. I thought if Lin knows then his wife should know but if you knowing means being belittled and verbally mistreated then just forget I came." I grabbed my coat to storm out.

"Y/N?" A small sleepy voice said that stopped me in my tracks. The whole room froze as we turned in the direction of the voice. Sebastian was standing in the hall rubbing his eyes.

"Seb, little bro, what's up?" I crouched down as he ran to me. I scooped him up in my arms.

"Y/N, you're getting fat like Mommy," he said with an innocent giggle, "Did you eat a baby like Mommy did?" I laughed with Sebastian. We laughed and laughed until my laughter turned into tears. Sebastian stopped laughing and hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry, Seb." I wiped my eyes. "I just missed you a lot."

"Then come back." I shook my head

"I can't."

"Let's get you back in bed, buddy." Lin took Sebastian before he could say anything else. Sebastian waved somberly to me as he was returned to his room. I stood in silence with Vanessa for five awkward seconds before heading for the front door.

"Did you ever lie to me?" She asked before I got to the door.

"No."

"So this started after I fired you?"

"After I quit." I said with an edge.

"I made you quit."

"Now you say it." We glared at each other for a second longer before I opened the door to leave. Lin returned and noticed where we were.

"Y/N, please don't leave. Not like this. You know I want to be there for you and the baby... You should stay here..."

"Are you crazy? Why would I willingly stay where I'm not wanted?"

"Because I want you to be closer..." Lin said with big eyes staring at me.

"Vanessa would never agree to that." I said as if Vanessa wasn't there.

"Actually, I agree with Lin." Both Lin and I looked at Vanessa, "I can keep an eye on you if you're here."

"I'll think about it." I said walking out and closing the door behind me. I heard the door open and close behind me again.

"Y/N, you're crazy if you think I'm letting you travel at this time alone."

"You're wife kicked you out temporarily didn't she?"

"Even if she didn't, I would still not let you go alone."