Appointment

Shuichi stared at the figure. 

"Where the hell have you been?" Shuichi shouted.

"I've been, around." 

"I'm not going to deal with you anymore." Shuichi sighed, "Now is not the right time." 

As Shuichi turned to go, the figure caught his shoulder and said something, "Is there ever going to be a good time?" Shuichi simply pushed the hand away and walked away. 

Kaito appeared from the shadows and walked towards the figure. "You messed up." The figure scowled back at him. "You really didn't take time to think about him, did you?" Kaito scowled. The figure stared Kaito directly in the face. "I wanted to be there for my friend." 

Kaito scoffed, "Your friend? You haven't talked to him in years Maki! You can't appear out of nowhere and expect him to be alright." Kaito shook his head them walked off. Maki tried to talk back but she knew that Kaito was right. "6 years is too long."  

Shuichi made his way back to his office slowly. Maki...was back. And more importantly, he had almost attacked someone with a katana. He really needed to get his emotions in order. When he arrived, he saw the appointment sheet outside his office had been filled in by a few more names. 

"Huh.." Shuichi thought to himself quietly. 

Shuichi picked up the sheet and scanned through the names written on it. There was one name on the list which really played with his mind. It read, 

           NAME                      TIME            REASON

Ultimate Detective.     3:40pm      Because I can. 

"Ultimate Detective?? It can't be... How would someone know that?" Shuichi panicked. 

Then he checked his watch, it was only 3:06pm now he had time. Shuichi walked into his office, the idea that someone knew about the Ultimate Detective identity still playing on his mind. He tried to carry on, working on cases and replying to messages but he couldn't concentrate. 

He looked at his watch. 3:38pm. 

"Two minutes." Shuichi murmured quietly. He had to know who knew and why they decided to tease him like that. He decided to rest his head on his desk for a few seconds but was startled by a loud knock on his door. He got up from his desk and went to answer the door. When he answered it, he found a guy around the same age as him standing at the door wearing a rather childish clown mask. The guy showed himself in and sat down on the floor. 

"This is weird." Shuichi asked himself. 

"Why are you here?" Shuichi asked. 

The masked guy turned to face him then spoke, "I thought it was time for me to come back." 

"Come back?" Shuichi thought, "Who is this guy?"

Shuichi sat down opposite the masked guy but remained silent. "I knew you'd be a professional detective someday." The mask guy said with a bit of emotion in his voice. 

"Do I know you?" Shuichi asked. 

The masked guy sighed. 

"I'm sorry but this isn't going anywhere, I think you should go." Shuichi shrugged. 

Shuichi slowly stood up and walked towards the door. As he reached for the handle, a hand grabbed his arm. Shuichi looked down at the pale arm and he weirdly recognised it. He turned around once again and saw the masked man. 

"Wait...Shuichi.." The man said, causing Shuichi to flinch. 

He recognised that voice. 

"No.." Shuichi stuttered. 

The man slowly took off his mask, revealing who he was. His purple hair rained down from the mask and his purple eyes shone brightly. 

"Hey

"Hey.." Kokichi asked nervously. 

Shuichi was taken back. He didn't say anything and kept silent. 

"I've missed yo-" Kokichi cried but was cut off by Shuichi swiftly walking out the room. 

Shuichi walked out the room quickly, not looking back at Kokichi. He reached the door of the office building and frantically tried to open it. Kokichi ran after him quickly, just managing to catch up to him before he left. "Shuichi..." Kokichi begged. Shuichi simply looked at him, "Why now? Why after 7 YEARS??!" He shouted before leaving the building. 

Nearly all of the people within the building were staring at the situation that had just unfolded. Kokichi just stared at them, their judgemental looks. He didn't care what they thought and decided to run after Shuichi. 

When Kokichi stepped outside, he looked around at the streets and down the alleyways but Shuichi was nowhere to be found. "Damn it." Kokichi sighed, "7 years was too long." 

"Yeah, it was." 

Kokichi spun around to see Shuichi standing there. Kokichi tried to hug him but Shuichi gently pushed him away.

"Listen Kokichi, I wanted you to contact me or for me to find you but I couldn't for seven years...and that's too long."  Shuichi sighed, "It hurt so much not seeing you but seeing you today.." 

Shuichi looked down at the floor to stop him from crying. 

"The truth is...I found you last year." Kokichi said taking a deep breath, "I was afraid of what would happen."

Shuichi didn't look up from the floor but Kokichi put Shuichi's head in his hands and pointed it towards his face. "I'm so sorry." Kokichi sighed, starting to tear up. 

Shuichi's eyes darted to Kokichi's eyes then to his lips. Kokichi noticed this and started to pull Shuichi down into a kiss. Shuichi smiled and gently pulled away. 

"Sorry...I shouldn't of.." Kokichi defended. 

"It's not that...if you want a kiss...you'll have to take me out somewhere, I'm not that easy," Shuichi smirked. 

Shuichi laughed at Kokichi then walked away, Kokichi still looking flustered. 

Kokichi turned around and shouted after him, "How do I contact you?" 

Shuichi simply turned to face him and shouted back, "Outside my office, tomorrow at 7pm, that's when I leave work." Then, he left. 

Kokichi smiled to himself. "Finally..."