Family.

PART 2 

"I can't believe you forgot to tell your Uncle." 

"I can't believe you forgot to remind me." 

Kokichi was sitting next to Shuichi in the car which Shuichi was currently driving. 

"How are we going to tell him?" Kokichi asked Shuichi.

Shuichi didn't reply. 

"Hey, come on.. look at me." 

"I'm driving Kokichi." 

Kokichi thought to himself, "That's a good point." 

"Anyway, you can't shut me up now so.. ha." Kokichi smirked at him, "So, what you want to do?" 

"Kokichi. I'm driving." 

"Oh yeah, kind of forgot.. anyway, it's boring just watching you drive." Kokichi shrugged, "Can I put some music on?" 

Shuichi rolled his eyes, "Yeah sure, just not too loud." 

Kokichi lent forward and instantly flicked the music on. The radio suddenly started playing, 'Milkshake' by Kelis. "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, it's better than yours, damn right its better than yours..." 

Kokichi desperately tried to restrain himself but he couldn't stop himself. "Hey Shuichi.." 

Shuichi sighed, knowing what Kokichi was going to say next. "What?" 

"Your milkshake always brings me to the yard, it's the best one I've ever tasted." 

Shuichi tried desperately to stop his laughter but he couldn't. He knew that he should probably be disgusted but he wasn't, he was used to it by now and Kokichi's quick wit and jokes were some of the things he loved about him. "If you don't stop making me laugh, I'm going to crash the car."

"Don't crash the car, I'm not having you nearly dying for the third time." Kokichi smiled. 

"I'll try not to." 

"I've never seen your Uncle's office before." Kokichi thought out loud, looking out of the window. 

"I've been in two times, a few years back." Shuichi replied, "I haven't seen him at work for a while now." 

Shuichi sighed to himself then asked a question that he had never asked Kokichi before, "What about your family?" 

Kokichi continued to look out of the window, "Let's talk about it later." 

Shuichi turned a quick glance towards Kokichi then turned back to face the road, "Yeah, okay." 

The rest of the journey was silent, not because of the awkwardness of the situation but because Shuichi realised that Kokichi didn't have a close relationship with his family and it hit home with him a little bit because his parents left him with his Uncle so they could go on with their acting and screenwriting careers. 

His parents didn't come to see him, even though they knew about the Killing Game he was in.. they hadn't seen him in around 10 years, they probably couldn't recognise him if they saw him. 

Shuichi and Kokichi took a deep breath in unison. 

Shuichi pulled the car into a car park and parked it. 

"His office is right over there, we could walk?" 

Kokichi turned to him and nodded, smiling slightly. Shuichi could tell there was something on his mind. "Hey, what's wrong?" 

"I don't know if I want my parents at the wedding." Kokichi blurted out suddenly, "They've never been there for me." 

"Oh." Shuichi sighed, "Right, well that's fine."

"What about your parents? You never really talk about them.." Kokichi asked innocently, "I'm really sorry, are they dead?" 

"No. They left me to, They're just obsessed with fame, they don't care." Shuichi shrugged, trying to keep his calm. "Uhh, let's go tell my Uncle.. come on." Shuichi said, swiftly changing the subject. 

Shuichi and Kokichi got out of the car, locked it behind them and they started walking towards the building, Shuichi pacing faster than usual, leaving Kokichi slightly behind. 

"Hey, you're walking too fast." Kokichi called after Shuichi, slightly out of breath. 

Shuichi stopped then turned around to see Kokichi walking up to him out of breath, "Oh, sorry.."

When Kokichi caught up to him, he hung his hands around Shuichi's neck, pulling himself closer to him and kissed him. "Let's not worry about our families, all I need is you." 

Shuichi dragged him into a kiss once again which lasted for ages. 

When they finally broke off the kiss, they both smiled at each other. "All I need is you." 

"Let's go tell your Uncle."

The pair of them walked into Tusaki's building and was greeted by a receptionist. "Hello, how can I help you?" 

"I'm here to see Detective Saihara." Shuichi replied. 

Kokichi laughed to himself and Shuichi shot Kokichi a look then rolled his eyes. 

"I'm sorry, who are you?" The receptionist asked. 

Shuichi got his Detective pass out from his pocket and handed it to the receptionist. She read it  thoroughly then handed it back to him. "You're his newfew?! You should of said! He talks about you a lot actually, I was wondering when I was going to meet you." 

"Yeah, I am. Nice to meet you." Shuichi replied politely. 

The receptionist looked over at Kokichi, "Who's that?" 

Kokichi rolled his eyes then looked over at Shuichi who smiled back at him. "He's my boyfriend." 

"Oh yeah, he said you were in a relationship, you two look cute together." The receptionist replied happily, "Go on up." 

The two of them waved back politely and started to head up towards Tusaki's office. 

When they were entered his office, they saw Tusaki scanning over a table with documents all over it. 

"Hey Uncle." Shuichi greeted. 

Tusaki turned around, slightly shocked then started to walk towards Shuichi and Kokichi with open arms. 

He hugged Shuichi then hugged Kokichi. "What are you doing here?" 

"We have some news to tell you." Shuichi smiled. 

"News?" Tusaki asked, "Is it important?" 

"Yeah." Shuichi replied, blushing slightly. 

Shuichi took his hand out of his pocket and showed it to Tusaki. "We're engaged." 

"Engaged?" Tusaki said, his face lighting up, "That's amazing, congratulations."