We're...

Kokichi and Shuichi headed into the room where Kyoko and Makoto were in.

"Hey Kyoko, Makoto?" Shuichi started.

Kyoko was sitting at her normal desk at her computer along with Makoto who was weirdly close to her. When Shuichi asked, they both looked up.

"Yes Shuichi?" Kyoko shrugged.

"Uh, me and Kokichi have some important news." 

Kyoko shrugged her shoulders and continued to type on the computer while Makoto was still looking at them patiently.

"Well, we're engaged." 

"That's good." Kyoko replied without registering what had just been said.

Makoto on the other hand stood up from the desk and ran over to congratulate them, "Oh my goodness! Congrats guys." 

"Yeah, thanks."

Kyoko suddenly shot her head up from the desk. "Wait.. did you say you're engaged?!" 

"Yeah." Shuichi laughed, flashing the ring in front of her face. 

"You're going to get married? Oh my god, congratulations!" Kyoko said, standing up from her desk. 

Kyoko started walking towards them slowly and when she reached them, she put out her hand for either one of them to shake and waited. Shuichi on the other hand, took her hand and dragged her into a hug instead. He whispered into her ear, "Thanks for being there for Kokichi when I couldn't be, I love him more than anything in the world." 

Kyoko started to tear up which she never did in public. 

Shuichi let go of the hug and Kyoko stood up and wiped her eyes.

"I just can't believe it, you guys are engaged.." Kyoko smiled once again, "Kind of makes our news sound like nothing now." 

"Ooo, what is it?" Kokichi asked cheerfully. 

"Well, I've got something for Shuichi.. I wanted to ask whether you wanted to work here in future? We would run independent agencies but you could use this office with me and we could help one another with the cases." Kyoko asked, "If you accept, I've got something for you." 

"Yes." 

Kokichi turned to Shuichi and hugged him tightly. 

Kyoko turned away and picked up a small card then gave it to Shuichi. 

"There you go, I managed to sort this out

"There you go, I managed to sort this out.. this is a special Detective authorisation card, it will let you have access to most police crime scenes and police files." 

"Thank you Kyoko." Shuichi replied, cradling the card.

She replied, "It's okay."

Kokichi turned to Shuichi and kissed him on the cheek, making him blush slightly. 

"Come on, let's all sit down." Makoto said, gesturing towards the table. 

Shuichi and Kokichi sat down next to one another opposite Kyoko and Makoto. "So, have you guys planned anything for the wedding so far?" Makoto asked. 

"We did start planning things but then we got distracted."

"Distracted?" Makoto asked innocently.

"Yeah, we kind of decided to do something else." 

"Doing what?"

"Each other." Kokichi whispered into Shuichi's ear.

"Huh?" Makoto questioned awkwardly.

"Oh nothing." Kokichi replied, trying to stop himself from laughing. 

"So you've got nothing planned?" Kyoko asked doubtfully. 

"Well uhhh.. Kyoko, will you be my best man?" 

Kyoko nearly fell of her chair. "What?.. best man..?.."

"Yeah, you were there for me when Shuichi was in hospital so, I just wanted to ask." 

Shuichi couldn't tell but under the table Makoto took Kyoko's hand, making her blush slightly. "You should say yes." He whispered. 

Kyoko turned to Makoto subtly and replied, "If you don't let go of my hand, they're going to find out."

"Would that be such a bad thing?" 

"It would be right now, yes." Kyoko replied, whispering sharply. 

Makoto let go of Kyoko's hand then got up and left the room, making Shuichi and Kokichi more than a bit confused. "Is something wrong?" Shuichi asked, slightly concerned.

Kyoko looked back at the door then got herself together and replied, "It's not majorly important." 

"Oh, okay then.." 

"So, who else have you told about you two being engaged then?" 

Kokichi thought to himself then started to count on his fingers. "I don't know, we'll... Kaito and Maki found out by accident, we've told you two and..." Kokichi thought harder to himself then turned to Shuichi, "Have we told anyone other than them?" 

"We must have." Shuichi said, trying to be assertive, "We must of told other people." 

"Wait.. have you told Tusaki?" Kokichi asked awkwardly. 

Shuichi nodded confidently then started to look more unsure. "I don't think we have... How did we forget?!" 

"We'll ring him." Kokichi shrugged.

"This isn't over the phone news, this is face to face news." Shuichi said, taking a deep breath.

"Should we go now?" Kokichi asked.

"Yeah, I need to tell him.. Kyoko we have to g—" Shuichi said but was cut off with Kyoko saying, "I know, you need to tell your uncle and Kokichi?" 

"Yeah?" 

"I want to be your best man if that's alright with you." 

Kokichi broke into a smile, "Yeah! That's great." 

Shuichi and Kokichi got up from the table followed by Kyoko who showed them to the front door. "See you again soon." 

"See you soon Kyoko." 

Kyoko shut the front door and went to talk to Makoto who was standing in the hallway. "Makoto?" 

Makoto jumped at the sudden voice but still continued to face the wall not saying anything. 

Kyoko started to walk closer to him, "I didn't mean.." 

Makoto sighed loudly then turned to face Kyoko. "I get it Kyoko. Not the right time. Got it loud and clear." 

Makoto walked down the corridor leaving Kyoko alone wondering whether to chase after him or not. 

"MAKOTO!" Kyoko shouted as she chased down the corridor after him.