Damn. You're easy to read.

Shuichi woke up. Never had a Thursday felt so good before. He was packed with energy and excitement for when he finished work and finally would be able to meet up with Kokichi again. But it wasn't just a meetup, it was a date. 

He stayed lying in bed for a few minutes just staring at his ceiling before he managed to pull himself up to get ready for work. He wandered over to his wardrobe to get his clothes when he saw his old outfit from the Killing Game he was forced into 7 years ago. Shuichi laughed to himself "Why did I keep this?"

As he was about to put it back, he paused for a minute. "Why did I keep this?"  He thought about it for ages then realised. "Huh..." He muttered, "Maybe I can move on after all..."

Shuichi sighed, took a deep breath, then grabbed his old outfit. 

He stared at it for a little while then decided to put it on. "Maybe if I confront it, I'll start to get over it." Shuichi thought. The memory of the Killing Game always kind of lingered at the back of Shuichi's mind but maybe, just maybe, he could find a way to move past it and be able to maybe start a new chapter in his life. 

The uniform didn't fit as well as Shuichi remembered but he decided that it was because he had grown up since the killing game had ended since he'd last worn it. He was 17 but was now 24. The outfit didn't look ridiculous and instead was quite smart, definitely smarter than his usual plain black suit. 

Shuichi wandered over to the living room but as he was, he saw Tusaki. Shuichi was startled, although Tusaki had a key to Shuichi's apartment, he was normally warned before he turned up but this time it was without warning.

"Why are you here?" Shuichi asked, sounding surprised. 

"I wanted to pay my Nephew a visit." Tusaki replied calmly, "Am I not allowed?" 

"Of course you are! Sorry Uncle...I just wondered why you're here.." Shuichi defended. 

Tusaki laughed then paused for a minute and looked Shuichi up and down. "Why're you wearing that?" 

Shuichi sighed. "I uh..." 

"I get it."Tusaki interupted, "Who's it for?" 

Shuichi was a little bit taken back but he was used to his uncle jumping to conclusions about things. And being right about everything. It wasn't a coincidence that the day of his date with Kokichi was also the day Shuichi decided to try and move on from the past. 

"Well...their name is K..." Shuichi stuttered.

"Ah! I was right! I thought so." Tusaki interrupted triumphantly. 

Shuichi rolled his eyes then cleared his throat. "Can I ask you something?" 

Tusaki turned around and looked puzzled. He scanned Shuichi up and down. His face was blushing and red and he was fidgeting with his hands while looking down towards the floor. 

"What is it?" Tusaki questioned. 

"Can you get a key cut for this place?" 

"A key?! Why?" Tusaki said, sounding startled. 

Then Tusaki put the pieces together. Shuichi liked someone...obviously. And he was willing to change from them so maybe the key was for them? Were they really that serious? 

"Ah, right. Straight away." Tusaki declared, "When's the date?" 

"It's after work toda—-" Shuichi said without realising that he had never mentioned a date in the first place. "Wait.." Shuichi denied.