Parents.

Kokichi, holding hands with Shuichi slowly walked towards his parents. "Hello."

They turned around and instantly had shocked expressions on their faces. "Kokichi."

Kokichi took a deep breath, "I just wanted to say that you were never my parents, you never cared for me and this will be the last time you will ever see me. I never want to talk to you again."

Kokichi's parents' faces dropped out of shock. You could clearly see that they weren't expecting that. "Good, you were no son of mine."

Although Kokichi had said that he didn't care about his parents, those words cut through him like a knife. Shuichi could clearly tell that Kokichi was hurt and decided to stand up for him. "You shouldn't talk to him like that."

Kokichi's dad snarled at Shuichi. "Who are you to tell us that?"

"I'm his fiancé."

Their faces dropped. Out of all the things Shuichi could of said to answer the question, you could tell that they definitely weren't expecting him to say that he was engaged to Kokichi. "F-fiancé?"

"Yes." Shuichi replied, "Does that answer your question of why I'm allowed to question you?"

Kokichi's dad was starting to become angry but Shuichi wasn't backing down. "Apologise then we'll go."

"Shuichi you don't hav—"

"HOW DARE YOU." Kokichi's dad interrupted Kokichi. He clenched his fist then launched it at Shuichi's face. Shuichi dodged the punch as skilfully as he could, sending Kokichi's dad onto the floor.

Kokichi took a shocked gasp then laughed.

Kokichi's dad got up from the floor and attempted to punch him again, "YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR TH—"

Shuichi clenched his fist and punched him as hard as he could, sending him to the floor.

"Goodbye." Shuichi waved back, before walking away, arm in arm with Kokichi.

"You punched my dad." Kokichi whispered.

"I probably shouldn't o—" Shuichi said, slightly panicking.

"Thank you for standing up for me." Kokichi cut off Shuichi's sentence.

Shuichi felt a blush creep onto his cheeks, "I'll always stand up for you."

"We should probably walk a bit faster, he did look pissed." Kokichi instructed awkwardly.

Shuichi took a subtle look back the nodded in agreement. "We should probably run." 

He grabbed Kokichi's hand and started running back down the street they had come from. They kept running for a few minutes before stopping to catch their breaths. When they had rested for a few minutes, Kokichi suddenly started laughing. 

Shuichi looked back at him and smiled, "Hey.. why are you laughing?" 

Kokichi looked up and wiped the tears from his eyes (the kind of tears you get when you have laughed too hard) then tried to reply, "It just.. brings me back...I remember when.." Kokichi laughed, "Me and you were running because we didn't want people to know.." 

Shuichi's smile turned into a laugh, "Yeah... I remember that.." 

The two of them must of looked so weird to the people walking past them. They were laughing, uncontrollably laughing the looks people gave them were judgemental but they didn't care.

 After a few minutes they eventually stopped laughing. 

"We should get some rest for tomorrow.." Shuichi sighed, "The tour is tomorrow."

"I guess." Kokichi agreed, "Seriously though, are you worried?" 

"We should head back.." Shuichi smiled, avoiding the question. 

"Okay." 

They walked in a gentle silence back to the hotel and eventually tried to fall asleep. Within a few minutes Kokichi had fallen asleep but Shuichi couldn't. He had too many thoughts rolling in his head. 

Tomorrow? Tomorrow they were going to relive everything that happened to them. Every last detail. They weren't ready for this. Shuichi sometimes woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. The nightmares felt so real. Everything felt so real. 

Shuichi was worried that some day he was going to wake up and end up back in that game. 

Tomorrow was going to be hard.. but he was going to get through it with Kokichi. 

The love of his life. 

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, hoping to fall asleep. 

Somehow he did. He had no idea how he did but he did. He slowly opened his eyes to see Kokichi's cute face. 

"You ready?" Kokichi asked him gently.

"I'm ready."