Gunshots.

"How is he?" 

"Nothing's changed." 

Kaito, Maki and Kokichi were all sitting on a bench in the hospital corridor outside Shuichi's hospital room. 

"What if he dies?" Kokichi asked, in a depressed tone. 

"He won't." Kaito replied, trying to stay positive, "He's my sidekick, he's strong." 

"He's been in a coma for 7 months Kaito." Kokichi sighed, "There's a chance he'll never wake up." 

"There's a chance he will." Maki explained.

"You keep saying that, it's all my fault anyway." Kokichi said sourly, "I'm going to see him." 

Kokichi got up and walked swiftly over to the hospital room, he had walked there so much he knew the route off by heart. When he entered the room, he saw Tusaki sitting down next to the unconscious Shuichi. 

Kokichi turned to exit but Tusaki saw him. "Kokichi, come join me." 

A lot had happened during the last couple of months. After Tusaki was informed about what had happened, he first met Kokichi at the hospital waiting for news on Shuichi's condition. Kokichi told Tusaki about their relationship and Tusaki was very supportive and insisted that Kokichi moved in to Shuichi's apartment if that was what they arranged. The two of them had been in close contact and they got to know one other well.

Kokichi sat down beside Tusaki and started talking to him, "Nothing's changed huh?" 

"Something will happen Kokichi, we've just got to remain hopeful." Tsuaki replied, trying to remain positive. 

"Well I've got to go anyway, I'll leave you alone." Tusaki insisted. 

"You don't have to." Kokichi shrugged. 

"I think you need some time with him." Tusaki replied. 

Tsuaki left the room, leaving Kokichi alone to talk to Shuichi. Kokichi took Shuichi's hand and looked down at the floor. He couldn't bear to see Shuichi like that, it brought back the memories of when Shuichi sacrificed his own life by taking both the pills when they were locked in the room. It brought back the memories of when Shuichi took the pills and collapsed to the floor. It brought back the memories of when Kokichi thought he was never going to see him again. 

"Do you remember when you saved my life for the first time?" Kokichi asked, squeezing Shuichi's hand tightly. 

"I don't know why you did it, no one else cared about me... but you did." 

"Back then, we were so young." Kokichi smiled, "I still remember when we were locked in, when we started to realise that we might like each other."

"You know what? If... when you wake up, I'm going to ask you something." Kokichi grinned, "I would tell you but that would be giving away the surprise." 

"I love you.... try and wake up okay?... bye." 

Kokichi slowly got up, kissed Shuichi on the forehead and exited the room. 

When Kokichi walked outside the room, he took a deep breath. All he wanted was for Shuichi to wake up but he knew, it could take years. He had tried to stay strong for himself and for everyone else but he needed Shuichi with him, why was it that when they finally got together again, Shuichi nearly died?

 They had gone through more trauma than anyone should ever go through and still walked out the other side because they had each other. Kokichi sure as hell couldn't give up now. 

"Hello Kokichi, how are you holding up?" A familiar voice said.

Kokichi turned around to see Kyoko in the corridor. "Hey Kyoko, uhh I'm alright but he still hasn't woken up."