Monkey Wrench

I stood up and looked around at this new world. The sky is a brilliant blue and little puffy clouds are here and there. I was standing on a stone bridge, which was connected with metal rods and hanging high above the ocean. On my right there's a small, dirty, light ocean coloured plane, that looks like it has been taken from the 1900s. It also has a bit of wear and tear, with little scratches on its surface. A girl was standing near it. I gasped; I recognized her. She was Amelia.. Amelia from Poptropica. But not only that. I was actually in Poptropica.

Amazing art by Yumgirl on DeviantART and on this website! Go and show her some love

Amazing art by Yumgirl on DeviantART and on this website! Go and show her some love. :P 

I breathed out very quickly and stumbled back, my head spinning. How on Earth can I be in Poptropica? I was there, on my computer, about to sign in... Then there was a flash... What happened? I clutched my forehead with my thumb-less hand. I squealed and looked at my body, my nausea kicking into high gear. I was about to fall over again, when an arm grabbed me. Amelia smiled at me. She wears a leather cap with a yellow eagle print; flight goggles on her neck; a brown zip-up jacket and leather pants.

"You alright?" she asked, helping me stand still. My nausea started to clear- although I had to blink a few times to get myself back into the now. I nodded, miming as words couldn't even come to my lips. "What's your name, sweet pea?" she asked with kindness. I sighed.

"Alice... My name's Alice..." I answered quietly, putting my hands by my side. I hoped for dear God that she heard me; I could be very quiet. She smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Alice! My name's-"

"Amelia?" I interrupted, the words leaving before I could stop them. I clasped a hand over my mouth, mentally slapping myself.

"Yeah... that's right... How did you know?" Amelia asked, staring at me suspiciously.

I shrugged, my forehead sweating, "Uh... lucky guess? You look like... A famous person." I blurted out, mentally kicking myself. She beamed at that.

"Thank you, Alice! I assume you know about this?" Amelia asked, tapping the side of her plane. I gulped.

"Yeah... You're going to enter a race with it." I mentally beat myself up. SHUT UP! I screamed at myself. Amelia was shocked again.

"You have a lot of lucky guesses, Alice. I'm definitely entering a race, but I'm just waiting for a friend," she said, tapping her chin. "You haven't seen anyone called Fierce Fox, have you?" My whole body froze when she said that name. I felt my heart beat furiously and my head pound. I didn't know what to say as every time I tried to find words, my mouth became dry. I swallowed and used my miming skills that I'd used to teachers and pretty much everyone else I had ever known. That was by shaking my head.

Amelia shrugged. "Oh well, I'm sure she'll be here soon. Would you like to learn how to change your appearance?"

"Um... no thank you..." I answered, feeling a bit awkward. Well, it was a game after all; of course she would ask questions like that. Then it hit me: my appearance! I looked at my hands again, minus the thumbs. After being a human for my whole life, seeing my hands without thumbs was quite an experience. I looked at my body, realizing that it was... Different. I was shaped like a potato, and my legs were skinny. "I need a mirror," I mummered.