Shark Tooth

~ALICE~

School was bland and lifeless once again. People were still whispering about me behind their backs and giving me hot, furious stares. I couldn't tell if they were angry or scared, whenever they eyed me. I was just thankful I hadn't ran into Louisa or Chrissi. Or both. Or their entire gang. At least that's what I thought.

It was the end of the day again. I swung open my locker, smelling and seeing the familiar essence of what I had known for years. I put my History folder away and grabbed my heavy bag, feeling the usual tight grip on my shoulders. I still had my crutch; it was sharply pushed under my armpit. I gritted my teeth and limped, my leg swinging up and down, to the exit. I felt the familiar, nostalgic fear of Chrissi coming to get me. Chrissi and Louisa had both been avoiding me through my time at school, which I was rather thankful for. It was rather unusual knowing that they weren't coming for once. Perhaps there was new hope...

I was wrong.

I left the school, trying not to let the irritation of the crutch get to my head. My leg rubbed against the other one, and my sweat got caught in my hair, making it sticky. I wanted to wipe it off, but both my hands were occupied with supporting myself. I scowled. Then, I saw Louisa standing in front of me, wearing completely black clothing. Mad is an understatement of her expression. She was OUTRAGED. I felt my skin prickle and my sweat became sticker.

"Crashice." she growled, her tone of voice making my crutch shiver. I grabbed it more fiercely with my arm, trying not to look afraid in front of Louisa. But she called me Crashice. She never called me Crashice. Never.

The sun beated down on us, as we stood face to face on the concrete path, similar to cowboys in those Wild West movies. Louisa's eyes flicked with aggression.

"I know what you're planning, Crashice. Don't you think you can get away with it." Her glare became harder and she took a step towards me. A nervous look couldn't help but spread on my face.

"I... I don't know what you're talking about. That... mustard thing... That was an accident." I spluttered, my curls shaking. Louisa clenched her fists. It was beyond a shock to see her angry. I had seen many people angry before (who hasn't?). But not Louisa. She was the one person I never thought would get angry. I was wrong again.

"Don't lie. I know what you're planning." Louisa spat, her voice now soft and dangerous. I shook my head in despair.

"If... Chrissi is telling you something, don't listen... It was an accident!" I cried, suddenly feeling like my school bag was my only support in the world. Louisa took one step closer, almost blocking out the sun.

"Whatever you say, Crashice, I'm not listening." Louisa hissed, until we were practically nose to nose. She glared at me for a few moments, before she stormed past me.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry!" I called out to her, my voice croaking, as she disappeared. A tear rolled down my cheek. "I'm really sorry..." I said it like I meant it. I felt like I meant it. I thought I saw Louisa look back for a moment. Maybe, maybe not. Whatever she did, I was more fussed with getting home. I clutched my bag and crutch tighter, then limped off home, my legs following the same walking pattern.

That night, I booted up Poptropica again, the familiar blue screen greeting me. My lip curved upwards as I signed into Fierce Fox. I took her off Early Poptropica and flew her around on the old, paper map. I hovered over Shark Tooth Island for a few moments, wondering if Amelia would let me fly in her plane again. If I kept entering Poptropica, then I would have to use her plane over 40 times. Amelia was nice, but I doubt she'd let me fly over the land 50 times.