Mythology

I couldn't decide if I was more nervous or excited. I couldn't focus properly in class; my mind kept sailing all over the world. My teacher had to smack my desk a few times, which was rather embarrassing.

I couldn't even walk properly- well, I never could- when school finished. All these thoughts were clouding my brain and brewing in my stomach. My arm kept twitching, yet a smile managed to stay on my face. The boy who likes My Little Pony said he'd never seen me smile so much. But of course, this couldn't last forever.

"Crashice!" somebody's taunting voice called behind me. My smile seemed to melt off my face. That voice... That awful voice. I hadn't heard it in so long. My body froze up, and my heart started beating. Steps approached from behind me, every one sending a chill up my spine. "Long time, no see, Crashice." It was Chrissi's voice, which sounded like it surfaced from the pits of Hell.

I turned around, as if I was going to be arrested. Chrissi and her stupid gang were standing around me. I scanned my heart for courage, but Chrissi's presence alone seemed to suck it all away.

"Aw, afraid again?" Chrissi sneered, taking a step towards me. "So typical of a little nothing like you, Crashice. So very typical. Why do people even talk to you? All you do is mess up all the time." I didn't reply, though I felt my cheeks burn. "That's what I thought. Luckily you'll be taken care of."

"Huh?" I asked, my brow raised.

Chrissi smirked, with Louisa standing next to her. "You'll see. Now, get lost," she dismissed me, like a teacher. "Oh, and have fun tonight, Alice."

A lot of my exhilaration had been replaced with anxiety by the time we got to my favourite island. However, on the contrary, I did get a rush of joy as soon as we landed on the island. The sky is a shining blue, full of puffy clouds. Ancient Greek temples surround us, made out of pale, crumbly stone. We landed next to the museum of Olympus, which is a perfect example of a temple.

I turned to Fierce Fox. "Let's go into the museum."

The museum has a picture on the wall, which is a cutscene of the three brothers- Zeus, Hades and Poseidon, battling the Titans. The brothers won, split the world up, and ruled different parts of it. Zeus, God of the heavens, believed he could make all bow before him. The other brothers refused, so Zeus swore to make them one day. I'd only seen Zeus from behind a computer screen, and although I knew how to beat him, it seemed a little scary that I was going to meet him in real life.

Once the cutscene finished we entered the statue room, which is full of statues of the many gods. I eyed the ones we were going to meet. I then paid attention to Poseidon, who had a starfish on his face. I pointed to him; Fierce Fox grabbed the starfish.

We exited after that and headed to the Grove of Temples, which is where some of the gods' temples are. Along the way, I explained to Fierce Fox about the island, and what we needed to do. We arrived at Apollo's temple, which is a beautiful temple made of cream walls and gold plated on such walls. Music symbols are decorated everywhere, reminding you who is the patron.

Inside, there are golden statues of lyres and the Muses, who are all cradling art-related objects. A huge picture of Apollo is in the middle; he's playing a lyre with a big grin. At the end of the temple, a basket of free reed pipes stands on a platform. I picked one up and let it fly into my inventory. Then I faced the statues, handed my reed pipe to Fierce Fox and explained what to do. She hopped up to the statues and played her flute, creating beautiful music for later reasons.

It was time for the Apple of Immortality. Chrissi's words started popping up in my head, which always seemed to happen when I was anxious. No, you can't think about those, I told myself. I gestured Fierce Fox to follow me towards the Tree of Immortality, which is surrounded by splendiferous bushland. Olive trees are planted in the pale green grass, standing next to a polished, white temple. One of the biggest trees I've ever seen is stuck in the ground there, its roots twisted through the earth. Signs and statues are all around it, convincing us to eat an apple.