Steamworks

In my opinion, Steamworks has always been one of the creepier islands. I mean, it's theme is steampunk, and it's the first isolated island that I'd been on. Oh well. At least we got a break from all the crazy super villains.

The island, just as I expected, was totally deserted. There was not a single soul nearby, and all I could see is machinery. Silver and rusted machinery that's built into houses and towers and whatnot. Vines seem to cover the majority of buildings, which really show off their age. The first building Fierce Fox and I stumbled across was the Clockwork Cantina: a giant, golden-metal clock, with vines twirled in its circuits.

We- well, I- solved a little puzzle in the Cantina's engine, and I felt the gears turn. A multi-tool popped out; I grabbed it. To the left of the Clockwork Cantina is a scrap bin, which held a steam engine.

"Well, you know what they say," I said, with a grin. "One man's trash is another man's treasure." I picked up the engine, Fierce Fox giving me a face. I kept smiling. "Come on, let's go into the museum." She nodded, and we entered the museum, which is just as metallic and rustic as everything else in the island. The walls are grey, and platforms hung from them.

I pointed to a machine that looks like a bulldozer and a excavator had a baby. Fierce Fox jumped on its outstretched arm, while I raced to the back and pulled a lever. It rose, and I yelled instructions at Fierce Fox to grab a beaker from above somewhere.

After that, we headed back to the Clockwork Cantina. I pulled a lever, unleashing a platform, like a bridge. Fierce Fox climbed on it, me following. We found a locked door; I unlocked it using the multi-tool. Inside is the room of Mayor Crumb, which looks like it hasn't been used since the dinosaurs were around. I picked up on a clue on a picture on the wall: 05/16. Then we left.

We arrived at a new area and passed a few shops, like Sully's Steam-Powered Paraphernalia. I stopped in front of a large gear, which is connected to a spinning wheel which has two arms, like a clock. I jumped on the lower platform, which rotated the upper platform. Fierce Fox scaled the side, coming to a closed shop, with locked doors. I joined her, noticing a robot crab wandering around, its back filled with water. Praying that the R.S.P.C.A wasn't watching, I leaped on the crab's back, sending it into the air and onto its back. It dropped two things: itself and Sully's key.

Meanwhile, Fierce Fox snatched up a coil of old vine from a roof. I headed to Sully's Paraphernalia: an old, metal building with a picture of Sully himself; a crippling sign; grubby windows. I had to solve a steam terminal puzzle (with the steam battery), to go inside. And then I entered.

Sully's Paraphernalia is filled with rustic shelves, which carry various objects. The whole shop is covered with cobwebs, and vines dangling down from the roof. I headed towards the counter, where a robot was snoozing on the floor. He's small, and shaped like a circle, with a big umbrella hat over his head.

I gently tapped my finger on a bell, sending a little ding throughout the room. The robot's eyes opened with surprise and he hovered above the ground, due to the propeller on his head. He soon recovered from his surprise and flew into a more relaxed state.

"Hello, Sprocket," I said, as if I was talking to a kitten. "I'm Alice, and my friend Fierce Fox- who's outside- and I are going to find your friends like Zack."

Sprocket's eyes widened. "Zack?"

I nodded, "Yeah, Zack!"

Sprocket, if he was human, would definitely be smiling. "Okay, Alice," His metallic hood flashed over his face. "Wait... how do you know my name and about Zack?"

I shrugged, "Let's just say I'm a bit of smarty-pants hero 'round Poptropica," Sprocket followed me as I headed to a crate labelled 'various junk'. I took out a rubber mallet. "Come on, let's go and save your friends."