Time Tangled

Amelia parked her plane on the sandy beach at the front of Time Tangled island, just under Fierce Fox's blimp. I hopped out, my feet touching the grainy sand, and my hair flowing in the light wind.

"Do you want me to wait for you?" Amelia asked, staring at me with concern, similar to my mother.

"No, I'll be fine. Thank you and bye!" I answered, rushing off the hot sand and onto the hard concrete. I passed the tall building known as 'Party Time Tower', which is made out of bricks and balloons. I kept on walking until I arrived in front of Pendulum's lab. It's shaped like a giant, metal clock, with two long hands and a little shed on the side. I spotted Fierce Fox roaming around, not really doing anything.

"Fierce Fox!" I cried, running up right behind her. She turned around in surprise when she saw me. Soon, it became hostility.

"Oh. It's you." Fierce Fox grumbled, crossing her arms.

"Yeah. It's me..." I replied, grinning nervously. Fierce Fox continued to glare at me, until she was interrupted by a cry nearby us. I knew who it was, unlike Fierce Fox, who was rather surprised.

A lady with frizzy, brown mad-scientist hair and glasses was frantic; almost crying at us. "Help! Something terrible has happened and now the future is in peril!"

"Let's go and see what it is, then," I spoke up (though I knew perfectly well what was wrong), as the crying lady went inside the building. I followed after her; being first for once, Fierce Fox shortly behind me. The lab is built completely out of metal, with metal platforms and forms of electricity in the walls. In front of Fierce Fox and I is a downward, metal slope, which I slid down, while Fierce Fox jumped. We arrived in front of the time machine, which is a cylinder-shaped, metal thing with wires shaped like antennae on the top. The woman was still crying. There was also a man on the right side of the machine, holding documents. He gasped when he saw me.

"You're... You're the one they spoke about in the future. They said you knew many things, and saved Poptropica. The one that villains wanted... And a true hero." The man gasped, in a voice as if he was telling a prophecy. His eyes were wide and he was breathing slowly, as if I was the queen. I bit my lip, feeling Fierce Fox's vicious stare on the back of my head.

"Um... Go to the area beneath us and push the giant plug in." I instructed fearfully to Fierce Fox, pointing beneath my feet. She gave me a suspicious glance, but jumped down regardless. I felt my heart racing and sweat trickle my forehead. And a true hero? What does that mean? The ones that villains wanted? Saved Poptropica? Suddenly I had a feeling that the time-traveling wasn't the only dangerous thing I would be tampering with...

I heard of flash of electricity, and my curiosity made me look up. The antenna was alight, and so was the door of the time machine. The interior was flashing blue, like a light. Fierce Fox appeared by my side, and we both gazed at the time machine.

"Ready to go Back To The Future?" I asked, with a wink (1). Fierce Fox raised an eyebrow, but nodded anyway. I gestured her to the blue. She jumped in, her body disappearing in a flash of light. I gulped, putting my foot in the blue, suddenly feeling all swirly and doubtful. My figure leaped inside regardless, then my vision was overcome with white.

I reopened my eyes again; thanks to nostalgia, I expected to see my bedroom curtains and my mother thumping around outside. However, instead, all around me I saw a murky green haze. In the background are dark green buildings with smoke pouring out. Thick tar floats in the air; it made me cough. I was very thankful that the real world wasn't going to look like that dystopian place... At least I hope...

Fierce Fox was wiping her eyes from all the tar. I could see a familiar figure in the distance, through all the dust. I approached Fierce Fox, and we both stormed ahead, the tar tickling our skin. The figure got closer, and closer still, until we- well, me- recognized it.