Mocktropica

Fierce Fox seemed shaky as we arrived on Mocktropica Island.

"You okay?" I asked with concern.

"Been a long time." Fierce Fox sighed. She gazed at the Poptropica Worldwide Headquarters, which is a brick building with many long, blue windows. In those windows are objects from other islands. The path is concrete and the street looks very normal, apart from the glitches hanging around. Like the pot plant in front of Headquarters that glitches and turns into a cupcake.

"So... where's your family?" I asked, raising my brow.

"Around," Fierce Fox replied. She frowned, discontent in her eyes. She didn't look too pleased about her family being around.

"Uh... alright," I said, chewing my lip. Mocktropica is a unique island. It breaks the fourth wall a lot and has a lot of programmed glitches. It seems like an unlikely place for someone like Fierce Fox to be from. Oh well. We spoke to a lady outside the HQ. She complained about the island being imcomplete, then rushed off. So Fierce Fox's island wasn't even complete, either. I bet that helped her ego.

Fierce Fox and I entered HQ. It's a blue, modern-ish building. Well, at least everywhere but the basement is. By the left side, there's a focus testing room for a guy named the Focus Tester. In there were some children. The Focus Tester was outside, standing near some cake. Fierce Fox and I approached him.

"Ah! Fierce Fox!" he exclaimed. "It's been a long time. I've been seeing you travel around with the prophesied hero. Wait until your aunt hears about this! She'll-"

"I know, I know." Fierce Fox grumbled.

"Actually, this hero business isn't that great," the Focus Tester said, folding his arms. "In a way, it ruins our plans." He shook his head at me. "Which, naturally, have, er, nothing to do with you."

"Yeah, sure." I said, raising my brow. I stared at Fierce Fox. She rolled her eyes at me. She looked so foreign on this island: adventurous with her fiery-red hair and punk clothing. The Mocktropicans were all flashy and money-obsessed. I didn't know how they could be related.

"Anyway, what are you doing back?" the Focus Tester asked. "I thought you said you'd never return."

"Um..." Fierce Fox looked around awkwardly. "I'm on an island quest."

"Yes, all the buzz," the Focus Tester sighed. He gazed at the cake. "Here, help yourself to some cake. My mom made it." I shrugged and took a piece. "I've got some work to do, like making Poptropica a better game. There will be people who will want to see you, Fierce Fox."

"Great." Fierce Fox grumbled. I raised my brow at her as we walked to an elevator. "He's a family friend. My dad's best friend."

"Who's your dad?" I asked. I gazed in the other direction. "If you don't mind me asking."

"He doesn't work here," Fierce Fox answered. She frowned. "But he's important." She didn't seem to want to answer anymore questions, so I kept my mouth shut. We got to the first floor. It belongs to this guy called the Safety Inspector, who- obviously- is safety obsessed. He's also Fierce Fox's cousin. It seemed she was related or at least knew everyone on the island. The Safety Inspector wasn't too happy about Fierce Fox running around on islands, and warned her to be safer. She ignored him.

The Obnoxious Ad Sale Lady is floor three. She looks strikingly rich with luxurious, black hair and fancy clothing. There are some expensive things like a golden coffee machine lying around.

"Well, if it isn't my favourite niece!" the Ad lady cried, grinning at Fierce Fox.

"She's your aunt?!" I whispered. Fierce Fox bit her lip.