Epilogue

WASIQ-POV

Sometimes running after fulfilling your desire makes you wonder if it is alright to do. It took me time to stop running after my desire when I knew I won't get it.

Desire to be loved by him is all I wanted but nothing could force him.

After five years, now that I look back at things I don't ever regret my decision of wanting to be acknowledge by him. They say there are always some desire that are meant to remain unfulfilled.

He told me, he can't see my face any longer because every time he do I remind him of the past. The past where he resented his own father. And so I told him, it doesn't matter if he want to see me or not but I will always remain the son of my mother who raised me. A person who made me realize to stay strong and to look at the people who surrounds me whose happiness are linked with me.

Naveed got the bone marrow transplant and now he is successfully running and following the footsteps of  dad in flourishing the publishing company.

Sanam is living abroad for the past three years because of her husband sabbatical but she calls me every day about her existence.

Not all stories have happy ending although I reckon happy endings.

Raseen and I are still going strong and with passing days we have become each other favourites.

"What are you thinking about?" Raseen questions, encircling her arms around my neck.

"Thinking about you."

She pokes me in the stomach and laugh as it tickles.

"I never give you chance to think yet you do" she remarks.

We sit beside each other on the bench when Bronx screams and we turn our head mutually at him.

"All three of them are crying at the same time."

Raseen has given birth to triplet three years ago and to tell you they do not look like each other like you would think, having three babies at the same time is a handful of work.

"Lets go change nappies" she enthrals, pulling me by the hand while I am make a disdainful face. I rather feed them than do that, why is it when I am home they shit in their pants.

Bronx is ten years old. He goes to school and work. You read it write, he works. He has taken the entertainment industry and tabiold by storm as soon as I reavealed him to light. He is a wave of talent that took me and Raseen by surprise.

He acted in my movie as my child and that movie was a world wide hit. He is always in the news like me and like me he hates attention. So I try to keep him at home and these days he is homeschooling as every morning before leaving to school there are reporters and photographers taking his pictures or often throwing remarks about how we treat him.

He is my oldest son and I am proud of him. He respects me and looks up to me now, as he is growing he understand me on another level. His words are wiser than I could expect.

These days, I am popular because of my children. We have our own show called "Superstar Dadding."

Life doesn't stop, it goes on. People comes, leaves and some that stays forever. I have everything that one could ask for yet somehow the corner of my heart still finds itself waiting for him.

My father, a man who is behind my success often it is a woman but sometimes it is a man and his action which makes you leap your feet off the ground to soar high in the sky.

My father love is my unfulfilled desire and some desire are supposed to remain so that it retains its value.