Chapter 1

Tristan

I opened the lunch box and smiled. Inside there was a turkey sandwich cut in the shape of a heart and a small delicious looking brownie. I shook my head. Damien always went all out while packing my lunch. He knew I always looked forward to his little cheesy surprises.

I took a bite of the sandwich and moaned. It tasted heavenly. My eyes closed of their own accord while my taste buds danced in delight. Damien Rogers was a damn good cook as he was a good doctor.

Damien was a general surgeon at New York Mercy. And judging by his salary he was a good one. With his busy and hectic schedule the guy barely found time to breathe but he never skipped on making me lunch.

A knock interrupted my foodgasm. I opened one eye to see my secretary Marly standing at the door. She had an amused look in her brown eyes as she studied me. I didn't blame her. Here I was, a 27 year old grown man and the Senior Editor of a renowned magazine moaning like a bitch in heat with a sandwich in my hand.

"Before you start judging me let me tell you that this is the best thing I have ever tasted," I said while taking another huge bite.

She gave me a droll look. "You literally say that every single day Tris. You really should invite me to dinner sometime so that I can meet this Damien that makes you moan like this."

"I have invited you idiot. Thrice. You cancelled on me all three times," I said while pretending to be offended. Marly shrugged and dropped some files on my table.

"Look through this boss. You need to submit reports on these within Thursday. "

I groaned as I looked at the fat files on my table. I would have to pull an overtime to work through these. I picked up my cell and dialed Damien's number.

He picked up after a few rings. "Hey Tris," his deep baritone voice spilled out from the speakers.

"Hey D. Listen I might be late tonight. So I am going to eat at the office. "

"Oh alright. But don't be too late okay?"

"Yeah Doc. I am always at your command," I teased and ended the call and prepared myself to wage war against those fat files sitting on my table.