Chapter 42

Damien

I woke up drenched with sweat. The room was pitch black and silent except for Tristan's soft breathing. His head was on my chest and I quickly ran a hand through his curls. He hummed and instinctively nuzzled closer to my neck.

I looked at the clock and mentally grimaced. It was just after midnight and I knew that it would be difficult to sleep again. Usually I would get up and make myself some tea to relax my mind but tonight I was more than happy to stay in bed beside my beautiful boyfriend.

The nightmares had started about two weeks ago, before I went to meet Demi. They were always the same. Alexander killing Tristan in front of me with me watching and unable to do a single fucking thing. It felt as if I was paralyzed. I couldn't move, speak or stop him from hurting my baby. I thankfully always woke up before he could actually kill Tristan. I don't think I can handle that even in my dreams.

Suffice it to say that I was tired. Exhausted and completely drained. I stopped performing surgeries soon after Tristan was taken. I knew that there was no way I could focus. Thorn had grudgingly agreed to put me on clinic duty till I felt that I was ready again.

This was the first night after what seemed like ages that I wasn't in bed alone. I was sure that once I got Tristan back the nightmares would stop or at least be bearable.

The only thing that had changed was the content of the nightmare.

Demi certainly hadn't helped me for free. I was fully prepared to give him all of my savings because without Tristan money meant nothing to me. But what had been asked of me was not money.

An involuntary shudder went through my body as I recalled the three demands that Demi had made.

1. I had to become his personal physician.

2. I had to give over all of documents and personal information to him. I couldn't leave the country or even the state without his permission.

3. I had to have sex with him and please him enough to get him to rescue Tristan.

The rush of nausea took me by surprise and I turned my face away from Tristan lest I actually vomit. The day that Demi had made his demands known was definitely the darkest day of my life.

I had no particular issues with the first one or even the second. I had no idea why he would want me to be his personal physician when so many more capable doctors are available in the city. And as to him having control over my documents and life, I could deal with it. The third demand had caught me so off guard that I had been sure he was joking.

Unfortunately he wasn't.

I did it of course. I had sex with him, not once or twice but every damn day for almost a whole week. He wanted me to fuck him as hard as I could and I obliged. It made me sick to my stomach since I was essentially cheating on Tristan. I have never felt as dirty and used like I felt during those dark days.

I have no idea why he chose me for this task. Every time I walked into a room with him lying on the bed naked, my body switched to autopilot. I did exactly what he asked me to and left. He thankfully never spoke anything and he was eerily silent even when I was fucking him like an animal.

I knew that I had to tell Tris. He had a right to know. I could tell that he had sensed that something was up with me but him being the sweet person he is did not push me to talk about it.

I had honestly tried to tell him during dinner. But one look at his glowing face had me tongue tied. He was so happy to be home. And I definitely did not want to be the reason for taking that smile away.

I would tell him in due time. As a Dominant, it went against my very nature to be dishonest. I was not scared of him being disgusted or mad at me. He was too mature and understanding for that. What I feared was that he would blame himself for everything. He would feel as if he was the cause of my suffering. The last thing I wanted was for my baby to be upset after he has suffered so much already.

I don't know how long I lay in bed thinking. The sudden loud sound coming from the bedside table startled me out of my reverie. I looked up to see my phone flashing and frowned. Who the hell was calling this late!

Tristan began to groan and fidget and I hurriedly pressed the button on the side to silence it. I could almost feel my blood turning to ice as I looked at the caller id.

Why the fuck is he calling me. My mind raced as all kinds of scenarios tumbled in. Our deal was over the minute he returned Tristan to me. I had made it very clear that I wouldn't fuck him behind my boyfriend's back and he had agreed. Was he bluffing? Did he plan on blackmailing me or something?

The call disconnected and I breathed a sigh of relief. It was short-lived though as not even a minute later the sound filled the room again. I cursed. It was not a wise idea to piss off a man like him.

Reluctantly, I picked up.

"Hello Doctor. I hope I did not wake you up," he said teasingly. I clenched my hand into a fist and forced myself to remain calm.

"Yes you did," I said in a steady albeit soft voice to not wake Tris up.

"Sorry for that. How's Tristan doing?"

"Well."

There was silence on the other end for a few seconds before he chuckled softly. "He's sleeping with you isn't he? And you don't want to wake him. What a nice boyfriend you are Doctor."

My nails dug into my skin with enough force to draw blood. The pain barely registered over the raging fury and the urge to punch this assholes face.

"I can feel you getting mad. Calm down," he said and laughed.

"What the fuck do you want? If you think for one moment that I am going to..."

"No. I remember our deal and I don't go back on my word. I can call you anytime and I don't need a reason. You are lucky I didn't tell your boy toy everything that happened between us," he said but this time his voice was cold and filled with malice.

"You don't need to. I will tell him myself."

"Oh really," he drawled, the teasing tone back again." That's a conversation I would like to see.  What will you tell him Damien? That you fucked me so hard that I couldn't walk the next day? Or that I sucked your dick good enough to make you cum in my mouth? And that I swallowed every drop of it..."

I couldn't take anymore. I cut the call and threw the phone. It landed with a thud somewhere in the room. My chest heaved as I took deep breaths to calm myself. Damn him! How dare he make me sound like I enjoyed it? That it was anything other than bike and disgusting?

I was so busy plotting ways to kill Demi slowly and painfully that I didn't realise that Tristan was awake and staring at me. I almost had a heart attack when he suddenly pinched my nose.

"The hell? Tris baby you scared me," I said and laughed. He smiled cheekily.

"You looked mad. You always used to calm down when I did this as kids," he explained and I melted. He was simply precious.

As I looked into soft brown eyes, I knew that I would do everything a thousand times over for him. He was so worth it.