Chapter 44

Tristan

I knew.

I knew everything now.

And god did I wish that I didn't.

I had finally gathered enough courage to ask Damien about his behaviour up front. I was almost sure that he was going to avoid the discussion altogether.

So imagine my surprise when my big strong doctor burst into sobs.

I have never been more terrified in my life than then. Not even when Alexander was hitting me or thrusting his cock in my face. To see him break down like that was easily the most painful thing in this world.

I held him tight as he buried his face in my shoulder. His body was shaking violently and I felt my heart break into a thousand pieces. I whispered sweet nothings into his ear, promising him that I was there for him no matter what. Nothing could be bad enough for me to even consider leaving him.

After what felt like an eternity he finally calmed down enough to tell me why he had been so distant. And I felt my heart break even more.

He looked afraid as he told me what he had been forced to do to get me back, as if he was expecting me to get mad at him. I was mad. But definitely not at him. I was mad at that horrible excuse of a human who had clearly taken advantage of Damien's plight.

Damien was looking at me with such profoundly sad eyes that I was this close to bawling myself. He looked so desolate and frightened. I hugged him as tightly as was humanely possible, trying to reassure him that I was not at all upset at him.

I had no right to be upset.

The sacrifice Damien had made for me was unimaginable. I was stunned, shocked that he had gone through so much to bring me back. And even after I was back he couldn't rest because he thought I would leave if he told me. He probably had to relive everything again every time he saw Demi.

I had no words to express my gratitude and admiration. A thank you didn't even come close to what I was feeling. He was so strong, so full of love and so loyal.

How the hell did I ever get so lucky, I thought as I nuzzled into his neck. My head felt light, as if I had no worries anymore. I was scared that I was slowly losing Damien to an invisible enemy but now the enemy had a face.

I decided then and there that no matter what I wasn't going to let Demi face Damien again. He was already traumatized. The last thing he needed was to continuously see the person who had essentially raped him.

I don't know how long it was that we sat there, faces buried in each other's necks. I felt Damien's sobs dying down. He tightened his arms around me and pressed his lips to my cheek lightly.

"I am sorry I am such a mess," he whispered. "I should be taking care of you after what you have been through. Not the other way around."

I shook my head and pulled back to look him in the eye. " Don't ever say that darling. Everybody gets weak sometimes and what happened to you is no smaller a trauma than Alexander. I am just glad that you don't have to carry the burden all alone anymore."

He smiled weakly but it was still a beautiful smile. He leaned in to capture my lips and I was only too happy to let him do so.

The kiss started out as soft and sweet but soon Damien was asking for entrance. I gladly let him in and shivered as his tongue explored me. There was no battle for dominance as he took charge right away.

His hands were moving all over my body under my shirt. I moaned when he twisted my nipples lightly before rubbing them. I had very sensitive nipples and one twist was enough to make my cock rise to full mast.