Chapter 4

Tristan

Oh my freaking god.

That's all my mind could come up with as I sat with mouth hanging open. I was having trouble believing my own eyes. But the proof was in front of me.

Damien. It was Damien. My childhood best friend and roommate Damien. The person who made me cute lunches everyday and made sure I ate them. That Damien.

But no. This wasn't really him. At least not the him I was familiar with. My Damien had warm ocean blue eyes which twinkled with mischief and warmth. This Damien had cold steely eyes which could freeze my soul. The Damien I knew was funny and goofy. This Damien was elegant, poised and frightfully intimidating. He stood with measured elegance, his arms crossed. He was wearing leather pants and a tight black shirt that perfectly outlined his muscular torso and arms. I hadn't even realised that he was this muscular.

His eyes were looking through the crowd for what I assumed was a sub. As his eyes reached where I was sitting I quickly turned around in my chair and put my head down, praying that he didn't notice me. I was not prepared to face him now.

"What are you doing," I heard Marly ask. She was looking at me weirdly. I shushed her while pointing a finger towards where he was standing. She looked and her eyes widened appreciatively.
"Wow that is one delicious man. I would jump his bones but he is obviously a Dom and I don't want to be spanked. "

"That's Damien," I whispered fiercely while trying to ignore the fact that she was ogling my best friend. "Huh what Damien? You know him?"

I facepalmed. She looked at me confused for a while before realisation dawned on her face. She let out a small squeal before checking herself. "Oh my god. Are you kidding me! You have been living with a Dom! Are you a sub? Why the hell didn't you tell me! My god he is hot. No wonder you are always in such a rush to get back home to your Master."

I glared at her with indignation. "I am not his sub you idiot. I wouldn't look so scandalized if I was. I had no idea he was a Dom. I can barely even recognise him now."

Her mouth formed an 'o' and she stole another glance at him. It annoyed me more than it should have. He had always been attractive but standing there with that shirt and pants he looked edible. It was no surprise that she was checking him out.

An odd uneasiness started in my chest. How was I supposed to face him after this? With this thought, came anger. Scratch anger, pure rage.

Damien and I had always been very very close. We never kept secrets from each other. I had told him when I had my first crush, first kiss, first intercourse. He did the same too. I knew all about him. Or so I thought.

He had kept this a secret from me. A pretty big secret. He had a whole new life other than just being a doctor and I had known nothing about it. It pissed me off so much.

Didn't he trust me? Did he think I would judge him if he told me? I couldn't even begin to fathom why he would think so. I adored the guy. He was my everything. He had been there for me when even my own parents hadn't been. He took care of me like a devoted brother and did everything he could to make me happy.

I couldn't dislike the guy even if I tried. But seeing him here now made me want to strangle the life out of him. It wasn't that this was a small secret. He had hidden an entire lifestyle from me, an integral part of who he was.

I put my glass down with more force than necessary. Marly winced at the loud sound while Nate hurriedly took away the glass from me. I turned around to sneak another look at my best friend and instantly regretted it.

A twink with a mop of dirty blonde hair was kneeling by him while he was running his fingers through his hair. It annoyed me to the very core of my soul. I found solace in the small fact that his eyes were as cold as ever.

The loud music, the clink of glasses, the voices around me and my own tumultuous thoughts were quickly becoming overwhelming. I needed to get out of here. This place was suffocating me and I was sure that I would do something embarrassing if I stayed here a minute more.

I abruptly got up and started walking towards the exit. I didn't need to worry about Damien seeing as he was lost in his own world with that damned twink. I could hear Marly's voice behind me but I hardly cared. She could follow me or stay. Either way I wasn't in the mood to talk to her.

I walked out of the club into the cold night air and sighed in relief. I could feel the chill to my very bones but it was a welcome relief from the stuffiness of the club. I started walking towards my apartment, the picture of Damien and the boy still floating before my eyes.

So that's why he was going to be late, I thought with a bitter laugh. I immediately thought of all the other times I had returned to an empty apartment and he had come home in the middle of the night.

Was he fucking that twink all those times? The thought made me feel nauseous. I shook my head to rid myself of these thoughts and concentrated on the sound of my feet on the granite.

Damien and I needed to talk. I needed to ask him exactly why he has hid something so major from me. It was driving me crazy. Also there was another fear of how I was supposed to face him now. I did not want to make our relationship awkward but at the same time seeing him like that had certainly changed my perception of him.

I sighed in despair. My life had become a mess in just a single night and all I wanted to do was climb into my warm soft bed.