Chapter 31

Tristan

Coming back to the city was truly a relief. As much as I had enjoyed some days off work, living with my father was something I could tolerate only for so long.

And of course I was eager to get back to our apartment. This would be the first time we would be living together as a couple. The thought gave me jitters of excitement and I just couldn't wait to live with my boyfriend.

I tried my best to keep my calm when we finally got home. My insides were tingling with excitement but I hoped that it wasn't showing too much on my face.

Damien was his usual cool self. He probably did not even realise that we would be living together as a couple now and not just friends. He was carrying our bags up the stairs as the lift was broken.

I admired the way the muscles on his back flexed with the weight of the bags as I climbed after him.

Why can't all men have his ass, I wondered as I stared lustily at his perfect bottom. His figure was truly enviable but I knew that he worked for it. Damien swam as often as he could and went to the gym at least once or twice a week. I really couldn't expect to have his perfectly toned figure by sleeping and over eating.

I had gone to the gym with him once and even done some exercises. But the next day my muscles ached so fucking bad that I never dared to go back.

We reached our apartment and I unlocked the door. The air was musty and damp after being locked for so many days but even that smell was comforting and somehow homely.

"Damn. Look at all this dust," Damien remarked as he surveyed the living room. "It's going to be huge pain to clean all of this up. "

"Don't worry about that. I will call someone over tomorrow to help with the cleaning," I said and took the bags from him. "Just manage for today."

I went to go and put the bags in our rooms when Damien pulled on my shirt. I turned and gave him a quizzical look.

"What's wrong?"

Damien smiled mischievously and with a quick pull, drew me to him. I gasped in surprise and held onto his shoulders. The bags dropped from my hand making a huge ruckus but that was unimportant.

The important thing was that Damien was currently looking at me like I was a piece of meat he desperately wanted to take a bite of. The heat in his eyes was enough to make lose all sense and intelligence.

He ran a finger down my forehead, my nose to finally trace my lips. He dipped his head low and brought his mouth close to my ear.

"Don't you think we should celebrate," he asked huskily as he nuzzled my neck.

"Celebrate what," I said softly.

"Our first homecoming as a couple of course," he said against my neck and chuckled.

I smiled too and nodded.

And let's just say that we did celebrate. For a long long time.

Sex is honestly exhausting.

I groaned in annoyance when the blasted alarm rang at an ungodly hour. I had spent last night in Damien's bed but I had completely forgotten about the fact that he always woke up at the crack of dawn for work.

I could feel him stirring beside me as I earnestly wished myself to go back to sleep. After almost an entire day of buttsex I was totally drained.

Damien whispered a soft apology and kissed my cheek before getting up. I rolled over and faced the now empty side of the bed were Damien had slept. It was still warm and smelled strongly of him. I instinctively scuttled closer to his side till my nose was buried right in his pillow.

I automatically relaxed as his warmth engulfed me and I was soon asleep.

The next time I woke I realised two things.

One- I had drooled all over the pillow. Two- I was very very late for work.

I jumped up so fast that I am sure I dislocated something. It was way past morning and close to noon. I was definitely going to get an earful from my boss for being this late especially after taking along leave.

Since I was already late I saw no point in hurrying and went about my morning routine slowly. When I was finally ready it was 11:45.

I texted Damien before leaving and carefully locked the door. The roads were not as crowded as the morning rush hour had passed and so I did not have to get pushed around from pillar to pillar.

I was almost close to my office when I felt it again.

That same sickening feeling of being watched.

I quickly looked around but yet again I saw nothing suspicious. There were just normal people around me, normal citizens who looked completely harmless.

I quickened my pace but the feeling remained. I tried to calm myself down by thinking that even if there was someone following me they wouldn't be able to harm me on a road in broad daylight with people around.

I could see my office building now and for the first time ever I felt a tremendous surge of relief at the sight of it. I was almost close to breaking out into a run to reach my safe haven when I felt a hand grab my shoulder.

I stilled. The firm, painful grip was almost crushing my palm and yet I did not scream.

Trust me I wanted to. I wanted to scream out loud and run away as far as I could.

But I didn't. Or rather I couldn't.

The cold barrel of the revolver pressed against my back was enough to silence me.