Chapter 21

Tristan

When Damien started speaking, I felt my heart constrict in apprehension. It was finally happening. He was finally laying everything out in the open.

"It all started about two years ago," Damien said. "I was still a resident at the hospital then. Things were stressful and I barely got any free time. So on this one day the hospital was closed early due to a leak in one of the pipes. So a couple of us doctors decided to hit some clubs. Dark Fantasy was the third club we went to. I knew immediately that something was different about it. The other guys were all hammered by then but I was still sober. You know I don't drink much."

He paused to drink some water. "I put my drunk colleagues in an Uber and sent them home. Then I went back into the club. There was something really intriguing about it that attracted me. And that was the day it started. I trained as a Dom and was finally given my own playroom."

"And when exactly were you going to tell your best friend and roommate about this?"

Damien grimaced and looked at me guiltily. "Tristan please. I know I fucked up but it was not because I did not trust you or want to tell you. I felt terrible hiding something so huge from you. I only did it because I was afraid."

I frowned. "Afraid? Why? Did you think I was going to judge you ?"

"No it's not that," he said while shaking his head. "I knew that you would support me no matter what. I hid it because I did not want you to see me in a different light. I was afraid that if you knew about me being a Dom you would see me differently."

Well he is right there. I silently cursed my inner voice. I wanted to tell Damien that his reason was bullshit but how could I when I was really seeing him differently now! So I wisely kept my mouth shut.

"I care about you a lot Tris. You are the most important person in my life and my relationship with you is something I never want to jeopardise. I did not want you to know that I enjoy spanking guys till their butts are red or that I love being in control. That is a completely different side of me that even I didn't know existed. With you, I don't want to be a control freak and order you around. That is the only reason why I didn't tell you. I am not trying to justify my actions. I know what I did was wrong and a breach of the trust between us. I am just asking for your understanding and forgiveness."

Oh damn him, I thought as he looked at me with pleading eyes. I could feel my insides melting. It was impossible to resist those gorgeous eyes. But I had more questions.

"Who was that blond guy? You know the one that was kneeling beside you like a dog?"

"Oh that would be Alistair. He is a sub of course"

"Is he your sub?"

"Not at all. I have been with him a lot of times but we aren't anything exclusive. A Dom sub relationship is something that takes a lot of dedication, love, time and trust. I like Alistair but I definitely don't love him."

I couldn't help the rush of anger that spread through my veins like poison. I wanted to go find this Alistair and crucify him. Just the thought of someone else being so intimate with Damien made me so so mad.

We both remained silent after that. I didn't feel like talking and Damien seemed to be deep in thought. I was still internally fuming about this Alistair guy. It was a huge relief to hear that Damien wasn't serious about him. I didn't know what I would have done if he had been. Probably gone bat shit crazy.