Chapter 23

Tristan

Anarchy and chaos.

Those were the exact words I would use to describe my house. The wedding was in a week and everybody had lost all sense.

There were men carrying enough flowers to fill an Olympic sized swimming pool. Others were busy covering the chairs with pink satin. The bushes around the yard were getting decorated too. The organisers were everywhere, shouting out orders.

People were working round the clock to finish everything but still my mother and Beth were not satisfied. According to them, nothing was as it was supposed to be. The centrepieces were too big, the lights were too bright, the chairs were too hard, the music was not romantic enough and the food wasn't delicious enough.

It was pretty scary for me. I had always thought that weddings were simple affairs. There was a groom and a bride who walked down the aisle to be joined in holy matrimony with the man she loved.

Apparently not.

I wasn't alone though. The future husband was also terrified. The poor guy had no say in anything and just agreed with whatever Beth said. If she wanted lilies then lilies it was. If she wanted red velvet instead of fruit then that's what he wanted too.

I sympathised with him. Women like Beth were extremely scary to be around and the best policy was to give them what they wanted.

The mayhem was also a welcome relief for me. It gave me the excuse to push my feelings to the back of my mind and not dwell on them. It prevented me from panicking about the fact that I was potentially in love with my best friend who was a Dominant.

I had told Damien that I did not care about anything he had done in the club. It took me a long nights sleep and a few hours of thinking to realise that I hadn't been completely truthful to either him or myself.

It was human nature to be curious about things even if it killed us. The urge to know more about what exactly he had done as a Dom was overwhelming but I certainly could not ask Damien. That would be a dick move altogether.

So I turned to man's best friend in such situations.

Google.

I spent my days carrying around chairs and my nights researching. I started with the basic. BDSM. If I was going to understand Damien better, I had to understand the lifestyle first.

I read the entire article patiently. It didn't sound too terrible at first. It described it as an erotic practice involving bondage, discipline, submission and role playing. There was a picture of a woman wearing a collar with her eyes closed and her head thrown back.

I felt a trickle of heat down my spine. The picture was the definition of erotic. She looked obedient and submissive but also fully content. It made me wonder how it would feel to be in her place.

The article went on to describe the dynamics of the lifestyle. There was a dominant and a submissive though in some cases they could switch roles too.  I frowned at that. The mere idea of trying to dominate somebody was ridiculous to me. I wasn't a submissive guy but I was also in no way bossy.

The activities performed in bdsm ranged from simple things like spanking to complex scary things like breath control and animal fetish. I cringed at that. I did not even want to know what animal fetish or breath control was.

There was another picture of a guy tied to the headboard of a bed with handcuffs and a blindfold over his eyes. His lips were parted slightly and his muscles taut. The picture made me hard in an instant.

I looked down at my boner, shocked at my own reaction. I had never been this easily aroused before. It usually took quite some work for me to reach this level of almost feverish arousal.