Chapter 18

Tristan

It wasn't Damien like I had hoped.

Instead it was someone completely different. Someone I could never have expected. There he was standing in the dark below my window with a goofy grin on his boyishly handsome face.

"Kieran?," I asked tentatively. His grin broadened and he motioned for me to come down. I looked at him like he was crazy. Which he probably was. I shook my head to indicate that I wasn't going to go down.

He pouted and joined his hands in a begging gesture. I sighed. This guy was impossible. I had a bad feeling that if I didn't go down he would find a way to come up and I certainly didn't want him in my room. Not after what he did.

I went down silently, careful not to wake anybody up. It would be hell trying to explain to my parents why I was sneaking out to meet a guy who was covered with tattoos and piercings.

He was in the backyard with the ever present cigarette between his lips. He still smelled like smoke and danger. I stood a bit away from him, trying my best to keep a neutral face. He beckoned for me to come closer. I shook my head no and stepped back further.

"Yo babe what's wrong. You see your man after ages and you don't wanna hug him?"

I marvelled at his audacity. The idiot actually had the guts to say 'my man' after all he had done. I did not get angry at him though. Guys like him found anger amusing. Dealing with Kieran needed tact and patience.

"Wrong Kieran. You were never my man. You cheated on me, remember?"

He chuckled. "You still mad over that? I didn't cheat on you babe. I just kissed her cause she was begging for it. I didn't even go below her waist. "

I resisted the urge to facepalm. Of course he wouldn't consider that cheating. It was a very Kieran thing to say. A few years ago the dumb confused me would have seen his promiscuity as cool. But now I had thankfully grown some brain cells. I saw him for what he was, a desperate and inconsiderate asshole.

"Yes Kieran I know what you did. It may not have been cheating for you but it was for me," I spoke slowly, trying to hammer my words into his thick skull. He had a confused look on his face. I ran my eyes over his body. He was even more muscular now with more tattoos. He had a messy stubble over his chin and his hair fell over his face.

He was just on the verge of saying something when he stopped. His eyes widened and he fixed his gaze on something behind me. Confused, I turned back.

Damien was standing there with a face that was set in stone. His eyes had the same coldness that I had seen in the club. His arms were crossed across his chest and his stance clearly showed just how pissed he was.

Kieran wasn't too pleased either. He looked like he had a rotten egg in his mouth. He tried to glare at Damien but faltered. Kieran might have been  powerful but he was no match for those cold blue eyes slowly killing him on the spot.

He gave a nervous chuckle and scratched his head. "Ah it's you again. Why is it that every time I try to get close to my baby you have to come and interfere? Just mind your own business dude."

The temperature around us dropped several hundred degrees. I mentally cursed the shit out of Kieran. That idiot just had to go and call me baby. It would inevitably make Damien think that I was encouraging him.

"Oh I am interrupting? Tell me Tristan. Am I interrupting?". His voice  was so cold that I was surprised that I wasn't a frozen statue yet. My mind struggled to come up with an answer but even if I could have formed an answer, my voice had suddenly decided to disappear.

"Tristan. I think I asked you a question."

I managed to shake my head no vehemently.  The tension was too thick to even breathe. Damien was looking at Kieran like he was scum while Kieran was trying his best to not look intimidated. I was impressed that Kieran hadn't pissed his pants already.

Damien had always been a strong man but now he was plain intimidating. He oozed confidence and power. He was also immensely successful professionally. Kieran was no match for him. He might have been the bad boy in school but now he was just another guy with no real career or future. He was still an immature brat at heart.

"You have five seconds Kieran. Go before I do something I will not regret."

Kieran laughed this time. "Nice joke bro. You have developed a sense of humour I see." Saying this, he looked at me for confirmation of the fact that Damien was indeed kidding. My grim expression made his grin fall off.

"Wait he is kidding right? Tristan babe tell me your guy is kidding."

I shrugged.

"One," Damien counted and took a step towards him.

Kieran couldn't have looked more shocked. It would have been comical in any other situation. I mentally prayed to Jesus to give some common sense to Kieran. He was still underestimating Damien.

"Two."

Kieran hesitated. He looked back to where his bike was kept. He looked to me for assistance but I avoided his eyes.

"Three."

I begged Kieran to go with my eyes. He seemed to take the hint.

"Okay okay I will go. You can drop this Christian Grey act now. But don't think that I won't be back. I will be. And the next time, you won't be able to get rid of me so easily."

Damien smirked. "We will see."

I heaved a huge sigh of relief when I heard the roar of his motorcycle fade down the road. I watched as Damien visibly relaxed. He dropped his tense stance and his face relaxed.

He turned to face me and there was disappointment all over his face.

"Really Tris? I leave you alone for a few hours and you end up with that asshole? Again? Have you forgotten what he did to you?"

Now normally I would have accepted his scolding. But not tonight. I gave him my nastiest glare. He frowned,clearly not expecting that.

"Oh so now you are worried about me. Where the heck were you when I was going crazy trying to reach you? What were you doing when I was sending you a hundred texts begging you to come back? Don't you dare stand there and look at me like I disappointed you," I almost screamed before remembering that it was past midnight and everybody was asleep.

I was swearing in spite of the cool night after my little speech. Damien had an blank look on his face.

"Got anything else to say? Please do so by all means," he said calmly. I stared at him incredulously. My words didn't seem to affect him in the slightest bit and gods did that piss me off!

"I am going to bed. I can't deal with so much shit now," I murmured before turning to back.

"No you will not. We have things to discuss and we are going to discuss them right here."

I stopped in my tracks, his words trickling down my spine and leaving a shiver in their wake. He had spoken the words in a tone I had never heard him use. At least not with me. Whenever he told me to do something it was always said in a gentle and comforting tone.

There was nothing even remotely gentle about his voice now. It was deep, dark and commanding. Damien had never ordered me to do something. He usually advised or requested. But this was a clear order.

Now the question was whether I should follow the Doctors Orders or not.

So sorry for the late update guys. I was super busy. I just want to thank each one of you for being an amazing reader. This book is already on the General Fiction chart and I couldn't be happier.

If you have any suggestions or criticisms, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you again.