Chapter 2

Tristan

The clock struck ten and yet I was still buried in work. A furious headache was brewing behind my eyes and my legs were sore after having sat for six hours straight.

Damien had already sent five angry texts asking where the hell I was and that I needed to rest but I was nowhere near finished.

"Hey Tris you still here? "

Marly's voice made me look up. She had her bag slung across her shoulders and was looking at me with concern.

"Yeah I am still not finished."

"Dude you cannot finish that in one day. You still have four freaking days till Thursday. You look like a zombie for gods sake. Have you even had dinner?"

I shook my head. She made a noise of supreme annoyance and glared at me. "Okay that's it. We are leaving right now and getting some food in that stomach of yours."

I didn't even try to argue. It was impossible to say no to Marly when she really wanted something. I got up and locked up my office. We exited the glamorous building where my office was and made our to the one shop which was bound to be open even this late.

It was a small fast food joint with excellent food which was practically open 24/7. The door tinkled as we entered and the owner looked up. He was a small old man with kind eyes and a big smile who spent most of his time in the shop.

"Tristan and Marly! I am seeing you both after ages. I though you had forgotten this poor old man."

We laughed. It was always good to come here. The shop was extremely homey and warm and the food mouth watering. There were still a fair amount of people enjoying their meals. We sat down at a table near the window and ordered.

Marly started telling me about this guy she was dating and I promptly forgot my tiredness while listening to her amusing story.

A loud honk just outside the diner caught my attention and I looked out of the window in annoyance. A sleek black car was standing in front of what looked like a posh club of some sort. A man in an expensive looking suit got down and walked inside.

I looked at the club curiously. I had never quite noticed it earlier. It's huge velvet doors were guarded by two bouncers who looked like they could bench press a small car. The sign above read "Dark Fantasy".

"Marls have you seen that club before?"

"Huh what," she asked startled. I pointed towards it. She turned and judging by the look of surprise on her face she hadn't seen it too.

"No I don't think so. But I have seen those doors before when I walked past them in the morning. I didn't realise that this was a club. I guess it isn't open in the mornings."

I nodded. Both of us were now looking at the club. Another car pulled up and the man who got down was dressed equally as expensively.

"Oooo he looks delicious".

I absentmindedly nodded in agreement. The man was definitely handsome though we couldn't see his face clearly.

"Should we check the place out? It looks interesting," Marly suggested. She had spoken the exact words that I was thinking. But a sudden wave of exhaustion reminded me that I was in no state to attend clubs now.

"Not today Marly. Let's go tomorrow," I said while hurriedly stuffing the pizza into my mouth. I just wanted to go home and sleep.

"Of course Tris. What you need right now is a good long sleep."

We finished and paid our bill. The apartment I shared with Damien wasn't far away and I made my way there after bidding farewell to Marly. As I walked the cool night air brushed my face. It felt good against my sore muscles and tired limbs.

As I reached the door of our building I checked the time. It was 11:00.

Shit.

I was in deep deep trouble with Damien. I knocked on our door and stood there like a guilty child. It opened almost instantly.

Damien stood there with his hands crossed, his face stoic and his usually warm blue eyes cold. He was mad. I could feel the anger coming off him in waves.

"D I can explain," I started. I hated it when he got mad at me. He would give me the cold shoulder for days and it was honestly frustrating.

"Well then you better," he replied, his voice low. He stepped aside to let me in and shut the door behind us.

"There was a shitload of work today. And I forgot about the time," I pleaded, making my best puppy eyes.

His eyes softened a bit.

"Dinner?"

"Yeah I ate with Marly. I don't skip meals anymore D. I have learnt my lesson."

He sighed and smiled a little, coming forward to ruffle my hair. I beamed. I knew that I was forgiven.