Chapter 3

Tristan

The next day was a lot better. My usually pissy boss seemed to be a in a good mood and Damien had packed cranberry pancakes for lunch. They were like little slices of heaven.

A beep signalled a new text message. I opened my phone to see a text from Damien.

"Will be late tonight. Eat properly. Love D."

I shook my head. The guy worried way too much about me. Ever since I had a bad attack of gastritis a few years back and ended up with an ulcer, Damien had never let me skip another meal. I understood his concern. He knew that more often than not I forgot to take care of myself.

I planned on leaving early today after yesterday's late night. As I was packing up my things, Marly stepped into my cubicle.

"Yo. Aren't you forgetting something?"

I frowned. "What?"

She rolled her eyes and looked at me with despair. "I swear Tris. You are so frustrating sometimes. We were supposed to check out that mysterious club remember?"

Ahh yes. I had completely forgotten about that. I almost started to refuse but then stopped myself. It had been a long time since I had been to any club or hooked up with anyone. It wouldn't hurt to have some fun and besides Damien was going to be late.

I nodded and Marly rubbed her hands in excitement. "Come on boy. Let's get the show on the road."

We soon found out that getting into Dark Fantasy was way harder than getting into any normal club. The bouncers stopped us immediately and asked for all kinds of identification. We were then given a full pat over and asked weird questions like "have you ever been arrested" or "do you have a criminal record".

They then asked for a membership card which we obviously didn't have. "You have to pay then," the unnaturally huge man in front of me declared.

"Okay how much is it?"

"200 for each."

I gaped at him. He had to be kidding me. 200 freaking dollars to get into a damn club! I was almost about to refuse but Marly shoved her card in their faces before I could say or do anything.

I glared at her while she motioned for me to be quiet. We were finally allowed to go in those red velvet doors into a darkened hallway.

"Marly what the hell. 200 dollars? Seriously!"

She shushed me. "All that formality has got me really curious. I want to see exactly what goes on in here."

I had to admit that I was a bit curious too. The hallway we were walking through was very elegant. It eventually led to the main part of the club.

It seemed like a normal club. People were dancing, kissing and some were very very drunk. The music was not too loud and yet not too low. The bar was in the centre and it was beautiful with it's sleek black table tops and expensive looking glasses.

"Come on let's get a drink and then hopefully a man," Marly winked. I looked at her weirdly.

"Don't you have a boyfriend?"

"Ahh yes but there's no harm in looking or trying out new treats ," she said while flipping her hair over her shoulders. The bartender asked us for our orders and I asked for a vodka. I couldn't afford to get drunk on a work night and have a terrible hangover tomorrow.

A group of guys and a few girls came over to the bar and gave their orders. They looked normal enough but as I looked closely there was something definitely off about their attire.