Chapter 28

Alexander (picture above)

That son of a bitch.

I could barely control my anger as I stared at the pathetic sniveling man on the floor before me.

"What do you want us to do Boss," John asked from behind. His voice was eager and filled with anticipation. That sadistic bastard was writhing like a bitch in heat to get down to the torture.

The man currently crying and pleading with me is actually one of my own men. Or rather was until he made a very stupid mistake.

He tried to trick me and worse, steal my money.

I was known for being an industrialist and an entrepreneur. That was true to an extent. I did own a company which extracted, processed and transported natural gas called Gazprom. It was my brainchild which brought me my wealth. I also had major stakes in some banks and other companies.

But Gazprom wasn't my pride. It was my start. The money I made from it helped me to set up Sturtevant Inc. to deal with weapons.

The good thing about a weapons company is that it is exceedingly easy to make black money. The government had very little real control over where the weapons went as long as they got their share. If the army was well supplied at a cheap rate then they were willing to overlook almost anything.

Selling guns is what made me a billionaire.

To run an empire, men are needed. Good trustworthy men, which most of my employees are. But sometimes there are snitches like this one.

John had already interrogated him and broken half of his bones. He had been sent by a rival of course to leak out information.

I looked at him with indifference and a hint of boredom. This was nothing new after all.

"Do what you want John. Just make sure to dump his body in a place where his men will find it."

I could almost feel John squealing with happiness.

I got up and walked out, ignoring the frightened screams of the traitor. My personal security guards followed me immediately.

Aaron was waiting for me at the door. He gave me a careless smile and offered me a cigarette.

"You gave John a treat I see," he said and chuckled. "I think we should leave him to his happiness."

"I concur," I said and took a long puff of the cigar. "I have much better things to do anyway. Do you have the intel I requested?"

Aaron snorted and gave me a dirty look. "Intel my ass. You wanted me to stalk your potential fucktoy. A work that is honestly insulting to my skills."

I glared at him. He was the only person in this universe who could speak to me so impudently and get away with it.

"I am not in the mood for your smart mouth. Just give me the information. Did you find out where he is?"

"Sure did. I even managed to get some pictures for your eyes only," he said dramatically and took out some photos from his backpack.

I almost snatched them out of his hands. The picture was a bit hazy but clear enough for me to admire Tristan. The first one had been taken at night and he was in his backyard talking to some guy.

I frowned in displeasure but moved on to the next one. This one was of him sitting in the park and eating an ice cream with the same guy beside him. The next one was of him in a suit talking yet again to the same damn guy.

My blood boiled. My wrists clenched in anger and scrunched the photos. Who the hell was this guy who seemed to be with my Tristan 24/7. My insides were quivering with rage as I looked at them standing so close to each other.

"Calm down Fido. You look like you are going to burst a vessel," Aaron said. There was an amused glint in his eyes.

"Who the fuck is this other guy. Tell me. Now!"

"Woah. You are slowly turning into Cujo now. It's just a picture of two guys talking. They are obviously friends. Why the heck are you getting so worked up over it!"

My hand instantly grabbed his collar and jerked him forward. Aaron's eyes widened with shock mixed with a bit of fear.

My voice was cold and sharp when I spoke. "Do not overstep your boundaries Ron. I asked you to find out everything there is to know about Tristan Cooper and that sure as hell includes this man. I want to know who he is and what his relation is with Tristan. Find out. Fast."

I released him. He stumbled back and took a few deep breaths. When he was recovered enough he nodded and almost ran out of the room.

The pictures were still in my hand. I looked down at them and sneered at the tall guy beside my angel. How dare he be so near to my treasure!

"Finn?"

One of my guards came up beside me. "Yes Sir?"

"Bring me a knife. Quick."

"Yes of course Sir," he said and hurried off to get it.

I ran a thumb over Tristan's hazy yet beautiful face. He was truly a rare find. He had ignited a fire in me the very first time we had met on the street. His defiance was so refreshing after everyone's mute obedience. He had the gall to talk back to me.

I had been keeping tabs on him since that very day. It was not a coincidence that I was in the same grocery store as him. I had wanted to see him again, to see if he could light fire to my insides again. He had.

And his hair my god. Shiny and luscious. So damn inviting. I wanted to grab it and pull his head back while pounding into his ass.

Finn came back with the knife. I picked up the photo of him in the park and ran the knife through the middle. It cleanly cut out the part with his friend in it.

I repeated the process with all the other photos until I was left with only my angels face in my hand.

I carefully placed the pictures in my pocket and bent down to pick up the cut pieces. I stared at the tall blond man. Maybe they were just friends but I had a very bad feeling in my gut.

I took out my lighter and held it to the pieces. The paper burned rapidly and soon the man's face was just blackened paper. I watched with a satisfied smile.

This was exactly what I would do to anyone who got too close to my angel.