CHAPTER 2: The Beginning of it All

Location: Libero, Night Kingdom 1859 - 9 years after

Owen Age: 13

"O....we...n!" Cried his mother half drunk hardly making out her son's name. The house was a mess with empty beer bottles everywhere. "Yes, Mother," said Owen, a scrawny boy with white hair wearing an oversized violet shirt answered trying to get through the mess. "Your father needs more ... Cigarettes" his mother responded "I...I can't today. Auntie is taking me to the race today," he said trying not to upset his mother for fear of her punishments. "Oh, that's right you're good for nothing aunt is taking you to a race with stupid kids who have nothing else to do but run. Instead, why don't you talk to your aunt and tell her you already have plans," she answered him a bit frustrated. "But I've been training and I know if I try I can win the prize its 27,000 dollars" Owen said before being interrupted by his mother.

"Oh really, and what do you suppose you're going to do if you do win," she said trying to calm herself, while she waited for her son's answer. "Well, Um... I was sort of thinking of using it to buy a sewing machine and um, some fabric?" He said in a low voice knowing his response would upset his mother. She looked at him for merely a second before she struck him. "Now, what did you say you were using that money for?" she asked him in a furious tone. "On whatever you'd like to use it for" Owen answered trying to hold back tears. "That's my boy, now go and start your chores," she said turning back as she continued to drink.

Owen walked back to his room, It was the cleanest room in the entire house it was also the only place where he could actually thinks. Whenever he feels sad he would leave through the window to the nearby store where he had befriended the store owner. As he arrived the owner went to greet him "Owen, Are you hungry? I got your salad ready as always" The owner said cheerfully but his smile faded away when he saw the bruising side of the young boy. The owner walked towards him trying to see the injury. Owen turned quickly. He disliked it when others worried about him. "Has my aunt arrived yet?" Owen asked before he could ask him about the bruise. "No, but I doubt she'll take any longer" the owner responded, Owen sighed and sat on the sidewalk in front of the store. "But tell me what happened to you?" the Owner asked Owen still concerned.

"Nothing... I was playing and got hit that's all," he responded as he began to eat. His aunt soon arrived, she was a wealthy woman who lived in a big city. Though compared to his mother his aunt was sweet and understanding, though she can also be strict sometimes. "Are you ready to go?" She asked joyfully. "Coming," Owen said as he sprung up and ran towards his aunt's carriage. The race was going to be in Tiria so they needed to get going.

Location: Tiria, Lavine Kingdom

Naeva Age: 14

Everything happens for a reason you can let it bring you down or make you stronger. Words that I have chosen to live by and I must say these words save unnecessary tear shed, many find it weird that I don't cry at things especially having the past I do. I was adopted into my family after my father took me in one storming night, I was three then, but I remember that night clearly. Anything before that is a blur, All I could remember of who I was is my name, Naeva Night.

My parents have chosen to leave my name as I remember it since they think its a connection to my biological parents whoever they may be. When the Wright family took me in they already had a son name Oswald who is what one would consider the perfect child, anything he does he excels in, has great concentration and agility. Though our parents have tried to give us the same amount of schooling and opportunity I cannot say I'm at his level but rather I think I cause a lot more trouble than achievements but what can I say it's boring to be perfect I could never do it, I would rather prank others and see their reaction. Sure I guess seeing the proud reaction of your parents when they see you do something good is great and all but seeing the expression of people when a prank is successful is quite priceless.