CHAPTER 12: Lessons

Location: Obscurity Forest

As for me, that's when my magic lessons began. I was just going up the stairs to go back to sleep when Winston stopped me in my tracks and handed me a pile of books on basic magic. "Are you serious?? can't we start this later in the day it's five in the morning" I answered as I looked down at the pile of books he had just handed to me "This is late enough, If you would have grown up in the castle you would have already known most of this material," Winston replied as he looked through a list of things I still needed to learn. "Well, It's not my fault I didn't grow up here. Also, Milan already taught me half of the things on that list" I answered peeking over to read what exactly he had planned.

"Either way these things are to be revised over" he replied. After going over a few of the magic books I tried to practice some of the spells with very little luck. Just a few sparks here and there. We later went to the ballroom for dance lessons by an instructor brought over from Luciaa. Oh, and let's not forget the tea break that also ended up being a lesson on how to act properly with neighboring Royals. "When do I get a break?" I asked as we walked over to the training room to the sword fighting instructor. "A break? But you just had a tea break" He answered as if I was able to relax with the instructor pointing out how my posture was all wrong.

"You call that a break? I mean one where I can actually sit down and not be criticized for it" I replied. He suddenly stops and looks at me "I'm sorry to say you can no longer do that. Every person from now on will criticize you, there is no sitting down to relax. Even those who claim to be close to you will criticize you. Therefore you cannot afford to make any mistakes" He said in a serious tone. I felt a sudden weight fall on my shoulders after he said this but I didn't want his words to get in my head "Your not very comedic are you Winston?" I responded trying to shake his words. "There is nothing comedic about the forest" He replied, well there goes my attempt to lighten the mood. "Umm, what about the blue flowers they have quite a fun side effect don't you think?" I continued.

"No, I don't think so" was all he responded and we continued on our way. After sword training, we went back to the magic books which we had left in my office. This time around the sparks I've been making seem to actually last longer so I must be doing something right. After a few more little sparks I was able to make a blue magic bubble. "Try shaping it" Winston said looking over. I did as he said and the bubble began to slowly shape into a snowflake. "There you go," he said, I looked up to see him Smile. "You smiled!" I said and the snowflake bursted into sparks. "Of course I smiled, you actually understood the lesson" he replied looking the other way.

"Yeah, but you need to smile more" I responded with a smile. "We'll continue the lessons tomorrow," Winston said closing the books and piling them up. "Alright, finally a break," I said getting up from the chair. "Break? It's midnight you should go sleep" he responded walking over towards the window. "It's that late already? That means Owen should be back soon" I responded with a smile. "I'm guessing you'll be staying up to wait for him?" Winston asked. "Yeah" I responded. Hopefully, the trip went well since he occasionally gets clients who get really picky and request last minute changes.

"Well, if that's your plan you might as well read the magic books through one more time" Winston responded giving me, even more, to do for the day. "Alright..." I responded as he made his way out of the office. I sat down and flipped through the book to find one of the spells that Winston had tried to teach me but I couldn't seem to properly get it right so I closed the book and placed it down. I felt a presence behind me but as I turned around I saw no one in the room. I checked the windows for an opening but it didn't seem to have been opened. I looked up and saw the silhouette of something running towards the trees.

Owen and Frederick arrived at the castle it was already dark, Frederick had fallen asleep on the way there so Owen carried him to his room. "How was your trip?" Winston asked as he saw him walk in. "It was good. Frederick had fun. Where's Naeva?" Owen asked as he placed Frederick in his bed and tucked him in. "She said she'd stay up till you returned. She should be in her office reading," Winston responded as they walked down the corridor. "Thank you, Winston. I'll take it from here" Owen said as he made his way to Naeva's office. As he approached the room he quietly entered trying not to get spotted by Naeva. She seemed to be staring at something outside the window and didn't notice him enter the room.