Chapter 35: Forest Keeper

Location: Luciaa, Lavine Kingdom, 1885 - 3 years

Frederick: 28, Lucius: 22, Princeton: 20

Princeton began to pack his stuff at the Well's since he was finally returning to the forest after so long. Wilkins and Isa had been helping him pack, while Cynthia had gone to meet some of her friends. "Wilkins, Isa may Cynthia accompany me to the Night Kingdom and stay to rule by me as my Queen?" Princeton asked bowing. "Princeton, A King shouldn't bow to anyone so raise your head," Wilkins said putting his hand on Princeton's shoulder. "Have you spoken to Cynthia about this?" Isa asked. "Not yet, I was hoping to get both of your approval before asking," Princeton responded. "If my daughter agrees, you have our blessing," Wilkins answered. "Thank you, sir, I promise to protect her" Princeton answered. "We know you will" Isa replied smiling. When Cynthia returned he went to greet her at the door.

"Cynthia, can I talk to you about something?" Princeton asked holding her hand. "Of course, what is it?" She asked. "Come with me to my Kingdom as my Queen," Princeton said as he felt his face getting really hot and was probably red. "Princeton, are you sure? I'm really clumsy you know" Cynthia said. "That's why I want you to come with me, I want to protect you ...always," Princeton answered. "Then I gladly accept" Cynthia responded chuckling as she hugged him.

Location: Obscurity Forest, Night Kingdom

The time came when the three would meet at the forest together for Princeton's coronation. Frederick worked with Ingrid to put up defenses and Lucius arrived a week before Princeton would, to help Frederick organized and plan the ceremony. Though the ceremony was for Princeton he was to arrive a month before the event. All the workers were running around and gossiping since the last time Princeton was there was when he was eight since then no one in the forest had seen him. As the carriage approached the castle people ran to see him arrive. Frederick went to greet him once he saw the maids peering out the window.

Princeton climbed down from the carriage and turned to help Cynthia who had come to accompany him. "Princeton, Welcome home," Frederick said greeting his brother. "It's good to finally be back" Princeton answered looking around and spotting the worker still watching him through the window. "Cynthia, thank you for accompanying my brother. I heard your family was coming later" Frederick said, Cynthia smiled sweetly. "Ric, Cynthia will be my queen" Princeton announced. "... Really? Well, then congratulations and welcome to the family Cynthia" Frederick responded in joy. "Has Lu arrived?" Princeton asked.

"Yeah, he's in the Library with Priscilla and Sitara," Frederick said. "Sitara?" Princeton asked confused since he hadn't heard of the name or remembered hearing it before. "I told you about her a few times before" Frederick answered while Princeton tried to remember. "Your child?" Princeton asked trying to remember but he couldn't since a lot of the stuff Frederick talked about usually bored him. "... No, she's Lucius's wife" Frederick responded realizing his brother was a terrible listener. "He got married?!" Princeton answered. "Oh boy, and suddenly my concern for you has grown," Frederick said.

"Well, you usually just talk non-stop so I space out" Princeton replied. "Then leave your boring brother here and go greet Lucius" Frederick answered ruffling Princeton's hair. "Ah, don't be petty now" Princeton responded putting his arm around Frederick's shoulder. "I got things to finish so go on," Frederick said removing Princeton's arm. "Fine, go finish your boring work," Princeton said walking in with Cynthia following him close behind.

Princeton arrived at the entrance and could already hear them talking "Lu, long time no see." Princeton said entering the room. Lucius ran to hug him "PSY, brother look at you all grown." Lucius said hugging Princeton tightly. "So you got married and didn't invite me?" Princeton said trying to escape his brother's arms. "I tried, but you know how my aunt is. Anyway let me introduce you, well I'm sure you already know Priscilla" Lucius said keeping his arm around Princeton's shoulders. "We've met only briefly in the past" Princeton said as Priscilla curtsied. "And this is Sitara my wife" Lucius introduced her. "Pleasure to meet you," Princeton said realizing she was expecting.

"How long have you been married?" Princeton asked. "Three years" Lucius responded with a smile standing next to her. "I see, congratulations then" Princeton responded. "Thanks, I see you brought Cynthia," Lucius said waving at her. "She's my fiance," Princeton said. "She is? Then we have more to celebrate." Lucius said then turned to Sitara "You should show her around I'm sure you two will get along well, you two Priscilla, Ric will be a while anyway" Lucius said smiling. The three girls left to walk around and Lucius stayed with Princeton.

"I made you plenty of suits, I kinda went overboard with it, but hey it's the least I can do for my baby brother," Lucius said as they walked through the corridors of the castle. "Baby brother? Your only two years older" Princeton said chuckling. "Minor detail, but you should try them because I've been making them only with Ric's measurement that he's told me but just be sure you know" Lucius continued. "I heard you ran away to the castle once," Princeton said. "Yup, Ric lectured me and you? I heard what you did to your face. That scar is really not gonna go away. You could have almost looked like a one-eyed pirate" Lucius said laughing. "Yeah, also got lectured" Princeton responded.

"How did it happened anyway?" Lucius asked. "... I'll tell you if you don't tell Ric" Princeton said whispering. "Deal, so?" Lucius asked. "I met my father's brother, he told me an about mom and our dad's," Princeton responded. "What? Like? Why don't you want to tell Frederick?" Lucius asked with his full attention. "Lu, that man, my father's brother... he killed your dad," Princeton answered. Lucius looked down "...what else?' Lucius continued wanting to learn as much as possible about his dad. "Sorry, I should have asked more. He was teaching me magic and occasionally answering my questions" Princeton responded. "It's alright, Psy. So he did that to you?" Lucius asked. "Yeah, that was the last time I saw him, but you can't tell Ric he'll go into panic you know him," Princeton answered.

"Ahem, what shouldn't you tell me?" Frederick said standing behind them. "...Psy, what was it?" Lucius asked trying to avoid answering. "Ric, haha. I was just telling Lucius about... um, the suits he made me." Princeton responded. "What about them? Why would I panic?" Frederick asked crossing his arms. "I was just saying that I wasn't sure your measurement would right that's all and we all know how you wish to be really precise all the time" Lucius responded. "I hope you two aren't planning on causing trouble during the coronation," Frederick said. "Don't worry, It's nothing of that sorts" Princeton responded. "I sure hope not, now where are the girls? The food is almost ready," Frederick said noticing they weren't with them. "So Ric, how you been getting along with Priscilla?" Princeton asked. "Not your concern" Frederick flicking Princeton's forehead.

"Hey! I was just asking a question" Princeton responded. "Then I'll have an answer once you stop causing trouble and I have time to spend with her" Frederick answered as Lucius laughed. "Then as your king, I give you vacation to spend with her" Princeton said standing upright. "Until the crown sits on your head you are not king, little brother," Frederick responded. "Don't worry Ric I'll keep an eye on him while you go to vacation" Lucius patting Fredericks back. "I appreciate both of your concerns, but there's still a lot I need to do before a vacation" Frederick said putting his arm around the two. As they walked downstairs they found the girls and made their way to the dining room.