CHAPTER 5: From Then On

Location: Libero, Night Kingdom

Owen would come to visit after school every day to give me the notes from class after that day. "So when are you coming back to school?" Owen asked handing me the math notes. "Next week, why you don't wanna bring me the notes from class?" I said teasing him. "What that's not what I" Owen said trying to explain as I laughed "I'm joking, thank you," I said seeing his serious apology. "Your bruises are fading away, that's good," I said, " Yeah, thank you for that day at the hospital I really didn't want to go home," Owen said in a low voice. "Why? You have older siblings picking on you" I asked him. "No, I don't have any siblings" Owen answered. "Well, whatever the situation if someone bothers you, your welcome to come here" I answered as I started writing down the notes.

When the weekend came, Owen arrived there early in the morning and had breakfast there. His parents didn't seem to notice him gone as long as he did the morning chores, so he didn't have to worry about them. They went to wait outside of the house "What should we do when he gets here?" I asked Owen as we waited on the porch. "I usually go to the track, there's a lake there with a nice view" Owen answered. " Okay, you lead the way today" I responded before I noticed Cornelius arriving, Owen immediately recognized him as the kid that he saw in the race in Tiria.

"Cornelius, this is Owen, Owen this is Cornelius, We've been friends for like forever now," I said introducing them. "Hi, nice meeting you Owen, Naeva exaggerates we didn't really start as friends," Cornelius said smiling. "Oh, yeah that's right you bullied me in the past," I said as teasing him.. Owen smiled "Nice meeting you," Owen responded.

We arrived at the track and I noticed a large tree, I started to climb up until I was able to sit on one of the thicker branches as the wind blew. "It's nice up here," I said looking down towards them before they came up to join. "Yeah, how you find this place, Owen?" Cornelius asked him as he adjusted himself on the branch. "I, um I came here once when I felt upset and it just calmed me down" Owen answered adjusting himself on the tree as well in a higher branch. "It's nice," Cornelius said looking over towards the lake that was in front of the tree. "It's very peaceful here" Owen responded. "Yeah, let's just hope Naeva keeps it peaceful" Cornelius responded making Owen laugh, " You just like picking on me don't you," I said looking at Cornelius. "Who else would I pick on, Owen make sure she doesn't get into more trouble if that's even possible at this point" He continued. " I'll try my best" Owen responded, it was nice seeing them interact.

From that day on Cornelius would visit almost every weekend though he told his parents that he was going to Libero to mainly visit Rosalie. In school Owen and I would hang out together, a very few people approached me in school so it was mainly just us two. On the weekends Cornelius would come to visit, as my wounds healed we started to actually play competitive games though they were usually interrupted by Milan calling us back.

One day when Cornelius heard Rosalie's voice "Naeva," she called out to his friend. He turned towards her, he hadn't notice her following him there. "Um... Do I know you?" I asked her as Rosalie made her way there almost as if ignoring Cornelius's presence. "That's Rosalie she's in our class," Owen said. "Really, oh" I answered, I wasn't good at remembering people. "No wonder you still haven't made friends here Naeva" Cornelius responded trying to shift his attention back away as Rosalie came closer.

"You forgot me? Naeva we were paired up for an assignment," Rosalie said stopping barely glancing over towards Cornelius. "Sorry, Rosalie" I apologized while the guys laughed in the background. Rosalie looked back at the them and then back to me. "You haven't made friends with any of the other girls in class?" she asked. "No, I've talked to some though" I answered trying to think of any. "Talking and being friends is different, well since you don't have one, I'll be your friend," she said extending her hand. "Maybe you can teach her how to actually be girly," Cornelius said trying to hold back his laugh trying to imagine Naeva acting like Rosalie. "And who's gonna teach you to be a gentleman?" Rosalie said walking up to him, Cornelius face immediately became red from embarrassment. "Maybe Owen can help" I answered. We walked back to my house since Rosalie wanted help on the homework, I couldn't help but Cornelius was, so the rest of the day we ended up getting tutoring lessons from him.

As it got darker he excused himself and walked out as well as Rosalie. "I thought you be coming to do something else in Libero apart from visiting me" Rosalie said chuckling. "I told you I had a friend here, I should walk you home since it's dark" Cornelius said stretching his hand towards her. "What is Naeva to you?" Rosalie asked taking his hand. "Too me? Um well she like a little brother" Cornelius responded. "Brother? I didn't know you swung that way" Rosalie responded trying not to laugh. "No that's... I've had a crush on her for awhile but you and I both know our families will not permit it so easily" Cornelius responded.

"That's true, Their ideas are really traditional" Rosalie respond. "Don't tell her, that'll just give her something to tease me about" Cornelius said. "I wasn't planning to" she responded as they arrived to her home. "You don't need to follow me like this morning next time tell me if you wanna come we'll go together" Cornelius said smiling. "I will" Rosalie responded walking in.

"My mom asked if I can pick up some groceries after school," I said as we were on our way home. "I'll go. I can help you carry them back" Owen said and we walked to the shop, usually, Milan does the shopping but he had to return to the Castle for business and wasn't going to be back till tomorrow. As we arrived the shop owner greeted us "How you doing Owen?" the shop owner asked. "I'm good and you?" Owen asked back as he walked to the counter where the owner was. "Very good, I see you're with the little miss from the forest scandal" he said as he turned to look at me. "I'm Naeva, pleasure to meet you," I said and the man chuckled. "I know your name, the police officer came by ranting of the prank you pulled the other day" the Owner answered. "Glad, my name is being known" I answered with a smile, I had forgotten about the prank I pulled, it was just a bucket of paint on the door and it was intended for the teacher but the officer fell for it instead. Needless to say, Milan solved that problem though I still got lectured at home.

"I've only seen your brother here, I'm surprised you came," the Owner said. " My brother? He doesn't come here, he's always busy training for the Squadron entry exams" I answered confused. "Not that one. Your other brother the one with turquoise hair" He answered. " Milan? He's not my brother, he just helps around the house" I replied, "So he's not related to you? Is he your marriage partner then, you don't typically see men from other families living in the house of a girl unless their intentions of marriage" The Owner responded a bit confused. " No, it's not like that, its kinda a long story, but no there's no plans like that" I answered and the Owner immediately turned towards Owen, "You still have a chance," he said looking towards him, "What... Uh um, Naeva weren't we here for grocery, what was it celery? Onion?" Owen said trying to change the subject while the Owner laughed at him.

"Owen? It was tomatoes" I said walking over to get a bag and placing it on the counter. " Oh that's right," Owen said walking back to the counter. We walked back to my house, and he helped my mom prepare dinner while I walked to get my brother from training. After dinner, we started to study for an exam and I noticed Owen drawing in his notebook instead of working on the problems. "What you got there," I asked leaning in to see what he was drawing and I noticed a dress outline. "Oh, um my aunt is a designer, and asked me to help her with one" he answered slowing covering it. I took the paper and looked at it "You're really good, I can't wait to see the real thing" I said as I took a good look at it, he stood up and took it back. "It might not actually be made, it's just a proposal for a client she has a few other designers working on one too" he answered putting the paper in a folder.

"Mm, I'm sure yours will get picked, do you have more?" I asked taking the folder. "Ah, no..." he said as he tried taking the folder back before I could open it. The folder was packed with designs. "Oh, you don't I see. so what this?" I said teasing him as I flipped through them. "Naeva give them back, they're just drafts," he said trying to get it back from me. "These aren't drafts these are nice, I like them," I said with a smile until he finally took the folder back. "Thank you, I'm glad you like them," he said closing the folder. " Who's your aunt? Can I meet her?" I asked. "You want to meet her?" he asked. "Yeah, I'll give her a reason to choose your design," I said. "She's coming this weekend if you really want to meet her," he said. " Okay, perfect" I answered.