Chapter 30: Princeton

Location: Luciaa, Lavine Kingdom - 1879 - 6 years

Frederick: 22, Lucius: 16, Princeton: 14

"Princeton, it's alright I just tripped," Cynthia said dusting her dress as she stood up. Princeton held the sword pointed to a man who fell back as Princeton stepped closer to him. They had gone to town for a walk but the busy streets made it difficult to get past without bumping into people. The man had bumped into Cynthia since he was in a rushed and had pushed her down. "Sir, please I'm in a hurry" the man pleaded without taking his eye off from the blade that got closer each time. "Princeton, come on" Cynthia said gently placing her hand on his hand holding the sword and slowly moving it away from the man's direction. Princeton looked over to Cynthia then back to the man as he sheathed his sword.

Bending down slowly he grabbed the man's collar "You better apologize to her and thank her, if it wasn't for her you'd be dead" Princeton said pushing him down and standing up still glaring at him. "Yes, sir. I'm sorry young lady and thank you so much" the man said grabbing his stuff before running off. "Princeton you don't have to do that, I'm alright," she said looking up at him. "You could have gotten severely hurt especially in a street as busy as this" Princeton responded trying to justify his actions. "I know, come on. We better get home for dinner soon" She replied grabbing his hand.

They arrived at the Well's estate being greeted by bear at the door almost instantly. "Hi bear," Cynthia said petting the huge dog that stood up on its hind legs to lick her before running to do the same to Princeton. "We're back," Princeton said trying to get bear to stop licking him as Cynthia chuckled. "Kids, you're back," Isa said walking out from the main door. "Yeah, we're back mom," Cynthia said smiling. "How was your walk?" Isa asked as Princeton followed Cynthia. "A man pushed Cynthia down" Princeton responded as they walked into the house.

"Oh my, are you alright?" Isa asked Cynthia. "Yeah, I'm fine," Cynthia responded handing her coat to the maid at the entrance. "I took care of it" Princeton added making Isa a little concerned. "Took care of it? How?" she asked worried knowing that Princeton had a habit of escalating a situation rather quickly. "Don't worry mother, it's alright nobody got hurt" Cynthia responded reassuring her mother.

They made their way to the dining room where Wilkins was waiting for them. "Father you're back from your trip," Cynthia said walking to her father to greet him before making her way to her chair. "I am, how have you kid's been?" He asked as Princeton took his seat at the table. "We're good, have you heard from my brother?" Princeton asked while the maids served them. "I haven't, but I'm sure it won't be long before he sends a letter so don't worry" Wilkins responded, Frederick had been busy with the Kingdom, company, and now wedding preparations and had been to overwhelmed with everything.

"I see, thank you," Princeton answered looking down to his plate. After they finished Cynthia and her mother left to a social with the other ladies from the town and Princeton stayed with Wilkins in the estate. "How was your trip?" Princeton asked walking into Wilkins study. "It went well, I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with this time. The reports said the mine was unstable and I wouldn't like to put you at risk, being the crowned prince and all" Wilkins answered. "No, It's alright I understand. I was wondering if you found someone to teach me magic or books of that sort" Princeton responded still standing at the entrance.

"I didn't sorry, Didn't you ask your brother to bring you some from the castle?" Wilkins respond. "I did, but he might forget as busy as he is" Princeton answered, he still hasn't been able to grasp magic spells and finding a tutor for him was difficult since he had a bad reputation with people. "I'm sorry, I'll be sure to keep a look out at bookstores next time alright" Wilkins replied seeing Princeton's disappointed expression. "Yeah, sorry to disrupt you and thank you" Princeton answered closing the door behind him as he left the room. He walked to the bookstore in the town to see if he could find one though a lot of the bookstores in Luciaa only sold magic books for entertainment purposes he still saw it as a learning opportunity.