Chapter 42: Changes

Location: Obscurity Forest, Night Kingdom

Frederick left Terrana in the morning to go to the forest when he got a report stating that Princeton had left the forest unguarded and had been gone for almost nearly a week leaving Alvin under Ingrid's care. "He still hasn't returned," Frederick asked the guard that opened the door for him. "No, sir," he responded. "Did he at least mention where he was headed?" Frederick asked. "He's in Santino," a voice said from behind him. Frederick vaguely recognized it and turned around immediately. "King Princeton, he's in Santino if that's who you're looking for," Oswald said. "...Right, thank you. Send Neo and Max to go fetch him," Frederick said directing himself to the guard. "Yes, sir," The guard answered.

"I'm sorry Mr. Wright is there something I can help you with?" Frederick asked. "It's almost the death anniversary of my sister I came to pay a visit," he responded looking over at the white roses in the entrance. "I heard you and your brothers all have kids now, Naeva must be really happy for you all," Oswald added. "Yeah, time passes quickly now if you excuse me I have to find one of my nephews right now," Frederick said walking toward the entrance. "Can I help?" Oswald asked. "Mr. Wright I'm sure you have better things to do right now, If you wish I can arrange someone to guide you to my mother's grave," Frederick said. "No, that won't be necessary, Commander Russou usually takes me" Oswald answered. "She does?" Frederick answered and Ingrid walked out walking alongside Alvin.

"Prince Frederick welcome back, Hi commander Wright," Ingrid said while Frederick checked Alvin for any injuries. "He's alright~, Casmir kept a good eye on him right Prince Alvin," Ingrid said as Alvin giggled. "Has Psy really not come back at all not even to check on him?" Frederick asked concerned. "Nope, but he did leave a letter saying he found a place for Alvin in Mount Uruas with good space for your family to live there so you can watch him," Ingrid answered handing him the letter. "Is he serious... did he just leave the letter or did he tell you something too?" Frederick asked worried. "Ah... no, wait well he didn't say anything but he did go through Winston's office and took a good bunch of his journals and used it to start a bonfire." Ingrid added.

"He did what! Those journals had valuable information," Frederick said rushing to see how much he took. The bookshelves were almost all completely empty. "Daddy cleaned!" Alvin said standing at the door next to Ingrid and Oswald who followed them in. "No no no, why?! Why didn't you stop him?" Frederick said turning towards Ingrid. "I was with Prince Alvin getting him to sleep. It was already quite late at night, it was until later that I found bits of the journals and asked him." Ingrid answered. "What's your excuse Huh?!" Frederick asked facing the bookshelf that hid the trap door. "... I don't live here?" Oswald said confused. "Okay~ then. Prince Frederick, I really think you should go rest a bit" Ingrid said.

"Yes, that's right I really need a rest so please excuse yourselves out would you," Frederick said ushering them out and closing the door behind him. "Alright, Hyacinth I know you're hiding here so come out and explain to me why you let this happen!" Frederick said looking around the room. "Hyacinth come on I'm not playing just show up already," Frederick said. "Ricky~ hey what's going on?" Hyacinth asked appearing. "That's what I'd like to ask you, why would you let Princeton burn those journals?" Frederick asked. "Hey I'm not a babysitter, I'm supposed to protect the heart of the forest not some dusty books" Hyacinth answered. "But those were important," Frederick said. "You could just rewrite them, I'm sure you remember quite a lot from those books, or you could just ask Winston to re-write them," Hyacinth added shrugging. "How I'm I supposed to ask a dead person I don't have magic. Don't tell me you could communicate with his spirit?" Frederick answered.

"Psh, no. Only with Guardian Silas," Hyacinth answered. "Oh, that's just great," Frederick said taking a seat on the edge of the desk. "Oh don't stress now, I'm sure Princy is really regretting it now," Hyacinth said playing with the dust on the shelves. "Can you at least tell me where in Santino he's at?" Frederick asked taking a deep breath. "With the little pharmacist keeping her warm," she answered smiling sweetly. "I just asked where not what he's doing there but thanks anyway," Frederick answered making his way out. "No problem," Hyacinth answered disappearing. "So~ you good now?" Ingrid asked worried. "Yes, of course perfectly fine I'll be back with Princeton," Frederick said making his way to the main entrance.

Location: Santino, Night Kingdom

Frederick arrived at Santino along with Max and Neo. As soon as they arrived Koen noticed them "Do you know where my brother is?" Frederick asked trying to see if he could spot him through the windows. "He's still asleep, sir," Koen said glancing at Neo and Max. "Take me to where he's staying please," Frederick answered. "Yes, um this way sir" Koen responded leading the way. They went upstairs of where the pharmacy was. "This is the room... um may I ask you to make as less noise as possible my sister is still sleeping as well and needs her rest," Koen said stepping aside. "Don't worry I'm simply here to bring my brother back home," Frederick said opening the door to where Princeton sleep soundly with Felicia in his embrace.

Felicia woke up at the sound of the opening door and saw Frederick and the guards waiting for Princeton to wake up. "... Princeton, wake up. Prince Frederick is here." Felicia said trying to wake him up as her face grew hot. Princeton woke up and glanced over to see his brother glaring at him "Ric, good morning brother." Princeton said sitting upright. "Get dressed, we have a lot to discuss don't you think?" Frederick said. "Of course, but please step outside you're embarrassing my lady here," Princeton said noticing Felicia's discomfort. "I'll wait for you outside then," Frederick said leaving with the guards following close.

"Please continue to rest my dear," Princeton said kissing her before he went to meet with Frederick. "What so urgent?" Princeton asked as he joined them. "What's so urgent? Psy you've been gone for almost more than a week now, with no worries to check on your son as well as neglecting your royal duties... and don't even get me started on those journals you burned for what? To be sleeping around with women, you have priorities set them straight would you," Frederick said starting to get frustrated.

"Frederick, you don't need to tell me what I'm doing wrong with my life. I allowed some time to stay with your wife and you refused you come back to lecture me on how I'm neglecting my son, what about you? The work for the kingdom has been done it just needs to be organized but if you checked it you'd realize it was complete, I've been getting Casimir to bring it to me here. I even got that place in mount Uruas for Alvin set for you and your family, Have some faith in me" Princeton answered. "It doesn't matter whether it's done or not Psy you need to go back home, why are you even here for?" Frederick asked. "That is confidential brother, Neo, Max mind going in and helping Koen inside?" Princeton said. Neo and Max exchanged confused glances but still went in to help Koen. "You should return to Terrana to tell Priscilla of the move don't you think?" Princeton said starting to walk back to the pharmacy "When are you going back to the castle?" Frederick asked. "In due time, Feel free to go back without Max and Neo I need to get them well acquainted with their new buddy," Princeton said. "What? With the boy? Why?" Frederick asked. "His name is Koen and he's going to make my third guard, he's not aware yet so I'm trying to ease him in the new environment you know," Princeton answered.

"He doesn't have the training, why are you bringing this kid to be your guard with no train or even knowledge of it? Don't you think his sister will have a problem with this?" Frederick answered walking after him. "She doesn't, she's actually the one that suggested it. He won't need training he'll be with me, the basics he'll learn with time as he spends time with Neo and Max," Princeton answered. "Is this why you're here? She's giving you service in exchange for you giving employment to her brother?" Frederick asked. "Ric, please don't speak like that about her," Princeton said before he entered the building. "Is she not? I'm confused about what your relationship is with this women?" Frederick asked seeing Princeton expression a bit different. "She's dying Ric. I haven't gone back to the forest because I've been here using the minor spells I know to try to slow down the effects as much as possible. I didn't think Winstons journals were going to be useful but now I... if there was a way I could find those potions or spells to help her, I would trade my life, believe me, Ric." Princeton said looking down.

"... Have you gone insane? Princeton you've only just met this woman, Your not a doctor or a healer or any of that sort do you realize that your only hurting yourself here? The forest is already trying to balance itself with you and Lucius magical energy and your still using immense amount to slow this? Please I ask of you to set your priorities straight," Frederick said but Princeton didn't seem to be listening. Frederick left to get Alvin's things ready since he did still have to go to Terrana to tell Priscilla the news.