CHAPTER 27: Work Load

Part 3: Princeton's Reign

Location: Obscurity Forest, Night Kingdom

At the end of the week, Nellie returned to Tiria with Lucius and the Well's took Princeton to Luciaa. Cornelius stayed to continue to help with the workload along with Ingrid. Frederick seemed to be getting the hang of all the work and was starting to get faster at completing it. "Frederick, why hasn't there been a coronation for you?" Cornelius asked one day as they finished the work for the day. "I won't be King if that's what your asking" Frederick responded. "Why I think everyone here would agree that you're doing a great job" Cornelius continued. "The throne doesn't belong to me, Princeton will be King once he's old enough" Frederick responded. "Princeton?" Cornelius asked a bit confused. "Lucius said he'd rather stick to father's company, it is only right Princeton takes charge" Frederick responded.

"Why won't you?" Cornelius asked. "My mother would want Princeton to be King, I'll help him but the throne isn't for me, I don't like being the center of attention" Frederick responded. "I suppose you're right" Cornelius responded. "Well I'll be excusing myself" Frederick responded opening the door where Ingrid was standing. "What I wasn't eavesdropping?!" Ingrid said. "I never said you were. But good to know" Frederick responded chuckling. "Oh, oops" She responded. "Well I'll see you both tomorrow" Frederick responded leaving. "Yes, Sir" Ingrid responded saluting.

"Hey, Cornelius you wanna go get some drinks with the team?" Ingrid responded walking over to sit on one of the chairs. "And why I'm I being invited exactly?" Cornelius asked. "... Good question, Because you're the teams drinking buddy..." Ingrid responded. "I am? Or am I the team's drink supplier?" Cornelius responded since all the time the team went out to drink he'd end up paying. "Oh that sounds like a much more professional title, so is that a yes or no?" Ingrid responded. "Sure why not," Cornelius said getting up. "Alright, let's go official Shadow Squadron Drink Supplier" Ingrid responded putting her arm around him.

"I'm not buying you drinks though, your pretty much drunk already" Cornelius responded. "No, I'm not, come on just a little one?" Ingrid responded. "Fine, but you have a limit" Cornelius responded as they joined the others out in the entrance. "Doctor, so glad you're coming," One of the guys said. "You guys just want my money" Cornelius responded and the guys laughed. "Yet you still come" The guy responded. "It beats sitting and doing nothing" Cornelius responded. "See that's the spirit" another one responded. "You know you don't have to pay, they always carry money anyway," Ingrid said. "How do you know?" Cornelius asked and she chuckled.

"Naeva didn't hire me just because" Ingrid responded. "I've always been curious about that actually" Cornelius responded. "I've checked everyone's pocket including yours, that's how I use to steal now I do it to make sure they don't steal or lie about what they have" Ingrid responded. "Your bluffing" Cornelius responded. "Am I?" Ingrid asked. "Fine then what do I have in my pocket?" Cornelius asked. "On your suit, you have a box of cigarettes with three left, and a pen, your pants have money, candy, ID, and bank book" Ingrid responded as Cornelius started feeling his pockets.

"I didn't know you smoked? Isn't that an unhealthy habit for a doctor?" Ingrid responded. "It's a bad habit I know, but hey next time I really hope you keep your hands to yourself and stop searching me without permission" Cornelius responded. "No promises" Ingrid responded. After three hours of being there, they slowly began leaving while Ingrid had challenged Cornelius on a drinking competition and was on their way back to the forest... "You're my best friend... after Naeva~" Ingrid said pointing at Cornelius. "You stole my line" Cornelius responded moving Ingrid's hand down. "More drinks," Ingrid said turning around to walk back to the bar. "No, no I'm a doctor that's  a no good," Cornelius said.

"Psh, you're not a good doctor, you smoke, you drink, you are a no good" Ingrid responded putting her arm around him. "I don't want to be doctor I... I don't know what I want" Cornelius responded. "Noble life is no good, I leave that behind too, too much work" Ingrid responded. "Huh? You a noble?" Cornelius asked stopping. "Ssh, yeah~ I'm noble, but I run away you run away too, come on" Ingrid responded grabbing his hand.