Chapter 31: Lucius

Location: Tiria, Lavine Kingdom

In Tiria Nellie had been inviting Priscilla over to dinner quite often. Nellie was really happy with her and was designing her wedding dress. Nellie had originally asked Lucius but he refused since he was dealing with other company business and didn't have time to design or had inspiration for a wedding dress. Though he was only sixteen at this point he already knew how to managed the company thanks to Fredericks help.

"Lucius why don't you set those paperwork aside for a moment and come down for dinner," Nellie said standing at the entrance of his office. "Yes, aunt" Lucius answered piling the paperwork to the side and following his aunt to the dining room. As he was arriving down he noticed Priscilla talking with another girl at the bottom of the staircase. "Lucius, you remember Sitara right? She one of the new girls working for us" Nellie said as the girl gave a gentle bow to greet him. "I don't, I apologize, it's a pleasure to meet you" Lucius replied kissing the back of her hand. "Sitara and Priscilla will be joining us for dinner, now come along," Nellie said as they all walked to the dining room. "Will my brother becoming?" Lucius asked.

"Frederick went to visit that kid," Nellie responded. "Oh, so it's just us," Lucius answered, Priscilla seemed to be bothered by the response since they had already been engaged for three years and Frederick did nothing to get to know her. "Lucius you should convince your brother to see me more often," Priscilla said. "I'll try" Lucius replied. They had dinner and Priscilla excused herself afterward and left to her house. Sitara stayed longer to talk with Nellie and Lucius kept them company with small chat here and there. "Lucius dear, why don't you walk Sitara home it's already quite late for her to walk home alone," Nellie said as Sitara fixed her shawl.

"Yes, aunt" Lucius responded, he wanted to continue working in the office but he couldn't refuse his aunts orders. "It's quite alright ma'am I'm used to walking alone," Sitara said. "Nonsense, let him walk you," Nellie said grabbing Lucius's arm. "Allow me, it would be bad if something happens to you as a new employee to our company," Lucius said since his aunt was pinching his arm for him to tell her something. She finally agreed and they began walking through the city to her house. They arrived at an alleyway to a really old door, "This is it, thank you very much" Sitara said curtsied. "Don't worry about it. You should go in, it's getting cold" Lucius answered. Sitara smiled and turned to open the door when someone ran past them snatching purse she was carrying.

"I'll go get it," Lucius said immediately as the person ran away. "No, it's alright. It doesn't have anything valuable and you could get hurt" Sitara said trying to stop him. "It's still something that belongs to you. I can't just stand and do nothing about it" Lucius said taking his coat off and putting it on Sitara. "I'll be back," he said taking flight to have a better view of where the person could have gone. He began flying towards the direction but once the person noticed him he started running through crowded areas. Lucius pressed the buttons on his sleeves to activate the shadow spell to travel in the shadow without being spotted by the person. He finally caught up to the person at a dead end of an alley and pressed the button to deactivate the spell blocking the way to the man can't run away again. "Would you kindly hand it over?" Lucius asked as the startled man tried to look for an opening.

"Please sir, I really need the money right now, I'm in debt" the man pleaded still tightly holding on the purse. "How much you need?" Lucius asked seeing the desperate man. "Is this enough?" Lucius asked handing him what he had in his wallet. The man looks at the bills a bit confused "Yes, this is plenty. Thank you very much" the man said handing the purse back as he began counting the bills. Lucius returned to Sitara house where she still waited outside. "You should have gone in," he said handing her the purse back. "I was worried something might happen to you. You are a Prince, shouldn't you be a bit more cautious?" She said. "I'm alright, if I get hurt they will suffer more than any pain they can inflict on me" Lucius answered.