CHAPTER 22: Prince

Location: Obscurity Forest, Night Kingdom

Compare to when I had Lucius there was another doctor who came to help since Cornelius and Rosalie seemed to have wanted nothing to do with me. Nellie had arrived the day prior to see Lucius and didn't know I was pregnant till she arrived. She didn't seem to happy about the news and was waiting in one of the kid's rooms with them. It was mid-day when I began to get contractions and had another baby boy. "Another little prince," I said looking down as he cried in my arms, he had blue hair like Winston and a small mark signifying he will be a magic user like his father. "He looks like me, name him Winston" Winston said standing next to us. "No, his name is Princeton" I replied as Princeton calmed down but still making a furrowed brow. "I don't think he approves," Winston said chuckling. "No, he just looks angry like his dad" I replied with a tired smile.

Ingrid opened the door to allow the others in and Fredrick like before rushed to see the baby. "It's another baby brother," I said as he looked at Princeton. "Really! Hi, brother" he said as Ingrid helped Lucius up on the bed. Lucius wobbled over towards me with a smile and curiously looked to see what I was holding "buu" he said softly poking Princeton's hair, "Yeah, his hair is blue" I answered as he continued looking at Princeton. "Naeva we need to talk," Nellie said. "About?" I asked looking up from Lucius. "About that child and that man," she said looking over towards Winston. "Ingrid take Lucius and Frederick out for a bit, Winston would you mind taking Princeton a bit and waiting outside," I said handing him Princeton. "Are you sure?" he asked taking him. "Just go" I replied and they all walked out.

"Well?" I asked sitting up. "You know, that child, HIS child it shouldn't exist" she replied standing upright. "That shouldn't be your concern" I responded. "Naeva after what that family has made you go through you still have a child with one of them?!" she said. "I still don't see how that should concern you" I responded. "It concerns me because I'm not about to let that man and his child anywhere near Lucius, You might not see anything wrong but that man's family killed Owen and I'm not risking Lucius to live with them" She continued. "They're both my children either way and you're right I don't see anything wrong with this" I responded. "I already made the mistake of leaving Owen to his parents and I am not about to do the same to Lucius!" She responded raising her voice.

"You can't take Lucius from me, he's MY son" I replied. "He's Owens son as well but he won't ever get to know him because of that man's family," she said starting to tear up. "Naeva, please let me take Lucius, he'll be cared for well you can visit. I just can't let that man raise my precious Lucius" she continued. I felt my heart sink hearing her words, Lucius would be better off with Nellie she would give him the care and affection he deserved and the fact that I was thinking this way was really making me hate myself. I looked away from her "...he gets to visit here too" I responded giving in but really feeling the weight in my heart. "Than it's been agreed she said turning to make her way to the door. I didn't reply and I couldn't hate Nellie for taking him I could only hate myself for allowing it.

The next morning Nellie departed with Lucius, I tried focusing on Princeton. He cried more often than Lucius did and demanded a lot more attention from me their personalities were completely different and it was clearly visible even at this age. "I can't believe you actually let her take him" Winston said seeing me watch her leave through the window. "I can't either" I responded. "Then why don't you stop her" he asked grabbing my arm. "I trust Nellie, she will raise him better than I can" I replied pulling my arm away. "I don't understand you sometimes you know that" he responded really upset. "I don't either" I responded walking away.

Location: Canterlot, Lavine Kingdom

The day of the competition come quickly, it was held in Canterlot. We had a procession as we made our way to the arena. Lucius was looking out the window of the carriage with Frederick as we made our way through the city center. When we arrived Ingrid opened the door and Winston helped us down. The Lavin's were waiting for us at the door accompanied by some of their noble families including the Charice and the Well's the man that had asked Owen for a dress. "You don't think" Rosalie whispered looking at the baby. "Welcome, Naeva," the king said. "Thank you for having us" I replied. Ingrid held Lucius and Winston Princeton while Fredrick held tightly to Ingrid's hand. "These must be the Night Kingdoms young prince's," Queen Isabel said looking at them. "Yes, they're my children" I replied noticing Rosalie and Cornelius looking at Princeton. "If they were a bit older they could have been our daughter's marriage partner they seem very well behaved." The king said, their daughter was around my age and stood behind them.